Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Prawns

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Hi Girls, I know you're supposed to avoid nuts during pregnancy but i've just realised i've been eating Crunchy Nut Cornflakes every morning. Is this okay? Also are you allowed eat prawns as in a prawn salad? tnx
irish bride Posts: 558
Hate to be the bearer of bad news Hairy Molly but i have been told to stay away completely from both of those.... sorry!
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
shit feel terrible now. I haven't ate prawns but I have been eating the crunchy nut cornflakes. hope it'll be ok. i must stay off them now
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i think it is ok to eat nuts once no one in either families have any allergies, i eat them the odd time
ophelia Posts: 55
Hey, I too ate Crunchy Nut cornflakes while I was pregnant. I was so careful to avoid peanuts and peanut butter etc but never even thought about the 'nut' part - duh!! I went straight for them every morning in the canteen in work as I felt I needed the energy boost. I only realised one day when I was around 8 months as I was reading the ingredients out of boredom. I stopped then but had been eating them for months. Anyway I now have a healthy 6 month old son so they didn't do him any harm that I can see.
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
when i saw this thread title i thought you were having really weird cravings, i had visions of a bowl of cereal with shellfish scattered on top. Bleuuugghh!!!!