Crystal Nightclub Dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bridget Posts: 539
We are going to Dublin for a weekend over the next few weeks. My sister is dying to go to a nightclub. She is in her mid 20s. What would you recommend? She wants to go to Crystal. Where is this, and is it good? We will be staying in a hotel on Grafton Street, and will be going for a meal/pubs in Temple Bar. Would it be safe to walk from the meal/pubs back to the hotel at 11.30 or 12am or is it safer get taxis everywhere . We would be 4 girls. It would only be a 10 min walk. Tks
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
No it would be alright to walk back to the hotel
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
A taxi driver would be fairly annoyed if you pulled him over for such a short journey! No seriously, you will be grand walking back to your hotel from Temple Bar esp at that time of night. Crystal is grand but not worth the 20 / 25 euro in or whatever it is at the moment! It's also in the opposite direction to Temple Bar if you are thinking of walking. It really depends on what kind of night you are looking for. Tacky dancing, nice drinks etc. I think there are much better places to go then Crystal.
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
Krystle is pretty shite. And I wouldn't plan your night around going there because their door policy means you've a good chance of not getting in.
Agree with LGFAK, one sniff of a hen and they will boot you off the steps! Unless you are alll wearing R&R jeans or Marc dresses!
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
I agree with the others, Krystle is a bad choice.
she Posts: 3298
[quote="lets go fly a kite":tx9fnudr]Krystle is pretty sugar. And I wouldn't plan your night around going there because their door policy means you've a good chance of not getting in.[/quote:tx9fnudr] Was just thinking this myself........Bad idea, I know it's suppose to be "d place" but it an fairness it's a hyped up basement, with finaky bouncers on the door. Any sign of a bopper on your head and your not getting in.
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Sorry but that place is full of posers!
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="Diamante":n9fb4hzl] Crystal is grand but not worth the 20 / 25 euro in [/quote:n9fb4hzl] How much????
Heflen, don't take it as gospel as I haven't been there in ages but my friend was there in the last few months and they had a section reserved VIP for one of her work friend's birthday. They were told they had a reduced rate into the club of €20 as it is normally €25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to laugh! How VIP is that?!!!!!!