cumh mommies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mtv Posts: 935
hi ladies. i am going public and i have been given appointments for "parent craft classes" before my edd. are these also called antenatal classes as my student midwife was not sure. thanks
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Pretty sure they are the same thing - parent craft/antenatal classes! While you have it started though could we maybe keep this going as it would be good to have our own thread for those going to CUMH. Sorry to hijack but when I saw the title it made me think. :wv
sounds like a great idea. feel free to keep the ball rolling.
ProudMummy Posts: 127
Yes that letter is def about antenatal classes. I like this idea too.. :o)ll
ProudMummy Posts: 127
Yes that letter is def about antenatal classes. I like this idea too.. :o)ll
hi do cumh offer an anomoly scan around week 20?
Southern bride Posts: 78
Hi there, I just had my first scan at CUMH yesterday and my husband wasn't allowed in!!! Because of swine flu restrictions. I was gutted and so was he :o( But thank god babs was doing fine and was wriggling around like a mad thing :o)ll So after teh initial upsetting thing of having to go in on my own, I noticed there were at least 3 couples inside. I was really ripping mad. Either enforce the rule of don't. Obviously the ones who kicked up got in - how is that a fair system? I was sitting there a bit teary on my own. And there was another girl giving the odd sob and wiping her eyes when she had to sit there alone too. And then we were faced with a few men sitting happily with their wives. I really didnt think it was fair. Just rubbed it in. >:o( But as I say, thank god all was well anyway :o)ll Oh a tip with the classes: my appointments had 3 parenthood classes listed. But I checked them yesterday. There is also a breastfeeding class that you can enrole for but it is now too late for me. Due in May. And all booked up until then. So girls, if you are interested in breastfeeding, check this out too. But none of you are allowed to take a cancellation before I get one cos it was my idea right. Haha, only kidding. Good luck with bookings. That's what we get for having babies in a baby boom *)
Always hoping Posts: 784
Southern bride - sorry to read you were so upset. I was up last week and they were allowing the dads in for the scan only. For the midwife and consultant apts the dads had to go back out to reception. They were VERY strict on that which I was glad to see. I saw some people kick up a stink - but the girls stood their ground. I'm glad about the restrictions but hope they aren't getting lax if as you said they were allowing in some...
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
[quote="mtv":32j4agvj]hi do cumh offer an anomoly scan around week 20?[/quote:32j4agvj] Not unless you're considered high risk. I even asked for one and no joy. I'm public!
survivor Posts: 2507
I'm just back from my 20 week visit. There were no partners at all there. One younger girl refused to let her mother leave so the mother quietly sat with her and tried to look inconspicuous. They were telling people to get their partners to wait in the waiting area at the hosp entrance and ring them when they were called for the scan/doc visit. The systems seemed to work really well. As for my visit to the doc. WHat a waste of time. Firstly i was asked if I had any issues so I said I was anxious about the baby not moving. Doc dismissed my fears with "thats fine takes some women longer to feel it". Then I get the quickest scan ever. "There's the head, there's the heart beating and there's the body". Scan done. I'm like "uh where's the heart" but alas it was too late and the doc was back in her chair again. So disappointing. She did say there's def only 1 baby and all looked fine. I had to ask her questions to get this info out of her. I have a big scan with the SCOPE people next week so I suspect this doc saw this on my file and did the bare minimum scan. I kind of left a bit shell shocked at the speed of the whole thing and found myself over in Wilton thinking what the hell. I felt like a number. But you know the baby is fine, all looks well so I really cant complain.