Cup cake wedding cakes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MajorMAy Posts: 24
Has anyone had or having layers of cupcakes as their wedding cake? In the new Wedding Journal mag, under the real life weddings a couple have one tier of a wedding cake on top and the other tiers are little cupcakes, but it doesn't say where it is from. Does anyone have any idea how much they might cost and where i might get them?
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Goyas in Galway have one like that in the window at the moment www.goyas.ie
delila Posts: 74
I'm having cup cakes as our wedding cake. I have ordered them from The Cake Cafe in Daintree building in Dublin
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
[img:2qdqeokh]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff2/buskersbuskers/cupcakes.jpg[/img:2qdqeokh] Is this the type you are talking about? They are fab, I cant decide if I prefer those to traditional cakes!
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
[img:25u9gum8]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff2/buskersbuskers/CrumbsDoilies.jpg[/img:25u9gum8]
MyDreamWedding1 Posts: 1281
I think they look great, my future nanny in law is making our cake though. I was thinking of having maybe 2 tiers of cupcakes on each table as favors....do you think that would be shocking expensive?
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
I am having a cupcake tree, just got my tree in the post the other day. My advice is to shop around big time cos the price varies so so much. You can get quoted anything from €1 to €4 or €5 per cake, because its such a new idea bakeries don't know how much to charge so they give you a figure off the top of their heads. I am getting mine done fairly reasonable but I am the first person that this bakery has done it for and don't want to post about them until I get their go ahead cause there is a lot of work involved in them.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi, My wedding is next year the 27th of December and I have decided to bake the cupcakes with my mam the day before. I hope I will be organised. ha ha My mother bakes some lovely buns and I thought why not. Save money and be kinda fun too. I am probably mad!
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Hi, My wedding is next year the 27th of December and I have decided to bake the cupcakes with my mam the day before. I hope I will be organised. ha ha My mother bakes some lovely buns and I thought why not. Save money and be kinda fun too. I am probably mad!
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
[quote="joyful":dgnr5zuk]Hi, My wedding is next year the 27th of December and I have decided to bake the cupcakes with my mam the day before. I hope I will be organised. ha ha My mother bakes some lovely buns and I thought why not. Save money and be kinda fun too. I am probably mad![/quote:dgnr5zuk] I thought about this too but then said "Flip it" can't be bothered with that but if I kept getting mental prices I prob would have Just thought the day before your wedding is Stephens Day - are you mad :eek :eek :eek :eek , although it does be a fairly relaxing day but not for you next year :o0