Menu

Curiosity question about Zinc for your DH and baby boys?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Hi Girls, Myself and my DH got to thinking about this at the weekend, we're not TTC'ing yet and so talking about it until we can :-8 Before we started TTC'ing for our DS my Dh took zinc tablets every day for a month. This was something he was advised to do not because of sperm count etc but because of a low immune system, but it does also help a man's swimmers. Anyways on our 2nd month of TTC'ing we got pregnant with our DS :lvs The thing is the only other people that we know who took zinc also had baby boys?? Now we know this could be coincidence but we got looking into this further. The sperm determines the sex of the baby and it is known that little girl sperms(x) are better swimmers then the little boy sperm(y). So if you take zinc which is known to help with sperm motility does this increase your chance of having a boy cos it gives those little boy swimmers a boast? Just curious to see what you all think… We’re not TTC'ing for any particular sex or anything, we're just hoping for another healthy bundle. Oh and for any of you who's DH's took zinc did you notice that you got your BFP fairly quick? Cos we were wondering was that one of the reasons we got our BFP with our DS after 2 months of trying, or was this just luck. Thanks :wv
jarashow Posts: 3083
I got hubbie to take it first time round and we got our BFP on our first month of official trying. We had a girl so not sure it makes a difference with the babies sex. This time round he didn't take anything and again it was our first month.
Well there goes our Sunday afternoon theory :o0 Thanks for the reply Jarashow and best of luck with rest of the pregnancy :wv
MammyC Posts: 3621
HA!! that was quick, I thought you may have been on to something there Mrs Mum! :o0
Well my Dh will very disappointed he really thought he had this whole TTC'ing thing cracked :yelrotflmaosmilie: :o0
Boomerang Gal Posts: 714
You could be on to something there - my friend has 5 boys and her DH took Zinc on all except the first child who was a big surprise many years ago - she says she might try one more time to see if she gets a girl but after that she's done - i might tell her to lay off the zinc :o0
Well who knows maybe for some men zinc helps those little boy swimmers a bit more. If your friend ever decides to go again and doesn't use zinc be sure to let us know how it goes, even if it is in a few years ;o)
jarashow Posts: 3083
[quote="Mrs Mum":f6xx3a5l]Well there goes our Sunday afternoon theory :o0 Thanks for the reply Jarashow and best of luck with rest of the pregnancy :wv[/quote:f6xx3a5l] Hehehehe! It's really in the luck of the gods isn't it. I know a couple who were trying for a certain sex after having 2 of the other one and they followed every 'rule' so to speak in the book and nope, still had the same sex 3rd time round. What will be will be I say :o0
Dee-Lite Posts: 403
Dh took zinc last time and we had a little girl. Didn't get a chance to take them this time around, we weren't TTC for long this time. I have a feeling a number of factors come into play.
wifin Posts: 4761
DH was on zinc for about 12 months I think and we are having a girl. Have you searched online for any studies?