Curtains for the nursery

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

red_rubies Posts: 2424
Heya girls, just wondering where you all got your curtains for your nursery? We were going to buy these from mama's & papa's: [img:1l979wny]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg110/july0408/ProductImageTemplate5.jpg[/img:1l979wny] but they were close to €100 & weren't even lined. So we bought these from mothercare instead: [img:1l979wny]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg110/july0408/41BGsuDZvzL_SX315_SY375_1.jpg[/img:1l979wny] The only prob is, DH isn't happy with them. He thinks they are too pale against the colour of our walls. I have looked everywhere & can't find nice curtains! Our room is a pale yellow & we have a teddy bear border. I think we would need a darker yellow maybe? Any suggestions?
Mama2b! Posts: 131
They're lovely...what we're doing for the nursery is getting material for a very cream, neutral roman blind with blackout lining and velcro near the bottom so that you can attach a strip of fabric with say ducks or bears which is very nursery like. Then, depending whether it's a boy/girl and when they're older you see their little personalities and can go mad with pirates/princesses and get matching curtains!! That's the plan anyway!!
fifi28 Posts: 481
hi red rubies i ended up going with plain lemony/cream colour curtain just couldnt find any to match in but with the border etc in the room it still looks well n like a childs room.
katiekav Posts: 18
Hi, Just a thought... I had the first pair up in my baby girls room and I just took them down last week and replaced them with pink ones. So if ur interested in buying them they are in perfect condition and I will sell for 25 euro plus postage. U could get them lined if u wanted. Sure let me know if ur inerested they will only be going into a bag and up into the attic otherwise! Katie
katiekav Posts: 18
Sorry I just re-read ur original post. I didnt realise u had already bought the second pair
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
i got the first ones as we have the zeddy and parsnip decor but i plan on getting blackout lining or blinds when time comes for DD to move into the room!
missust Posts: 370
i put plain cream with zeddy and parsnip and it looks lovely. they were really good quality lined curtains. bought them in sale for 110euro. they are actually sitting room curtains but window is 10 foot so others wouldnt fit. they look great with the zeddy tie backs to make them kiddy.