Customs Tax on 4 packs sample invites, Is this way too much? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mkb Posts: 1744
thats who i bought them off found my kermit. errrr im so annoyed now. did you get yours sent by ups too or just normal post.
frillynickers Posts: 1765
Im the same as kermit, mine all cost approx the same amount but I wasnt charged for my samples. ON the cards and pockets website your given two delivery options and if I rememebr correctly your warned that UPS can cost alot more. UPS® Shipping Options: Shipping Method Price Days In Transit UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM $29.40 4 Business Days UPS Saver $37.25 1 Business Days UPS Worldwide ExpressSM $42.25 3 Business Days NOTICE: These fees do not necessarily represent UPS published rates and may include handling charges levied by this company. UPS®, UPS brandmark®, and the Color Brown® are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All Rights Reserved. When you go to order your invitations just go with the normal us postal service, I think it cost 14-20 dollars and I got it 5 days after I ordered so its just as quick but cheaper than UPS.
thanks frillyknickers. I knew UPS would cost more and i was willing to pay the delivery cost and did so I could get the sample quicker, (as im cutting my time short for making my invites,busy couple of months ahead) which i did. I ordered friday morning got then on tuesday morning. but UPS have ripped me off with custom tax. I shouldn't have been charged for it at all. well i don't think I should of been any way. Ive learnt my lesson now any way. Normal post all the way for me. thats me being punished for my frivelous(sp sorry) spending on UPS.
Kermette Posts: 924
sorry girls only seeing the updates on the topic now - I def chose the cheaper shipping option which was prob just regular post!!! Some of those couriers can be right a[i:3st7sfh1]r[/i:3st7sfh1]ses you are better off chancing An Post
jdawg Posts: 171
I think I've ordered samples on four different occasions from cards and pockets and was never once charged anything by customs! I think I used standard mail though. UPS are definitely ripping you off! Angry letter time!
Kingston Design Posts: 895
I've been stung by UPS before too. They just seem to pick a (large) number from the sky and multiply by their shoe size to come up with the figure. I also got no joy from questioning them on the amount , plus they seem to think that they are above being questioned by mere mortals O:| O:| Exact same thing happened to my husband. He refused on principal to pay the amount and dug his heels in for ages-but they started threatening legal action and he had to just give in and pay the amount in the end. Again, he got nowhere with them trying to find out where they got their figures from. No advice for you unfortunatley, but I do feel your pain.
ok there is a customs appeals division [i:vj8mf265]Customs Appeals; Customs Debt; EU Customs Audits; Own Resources; Refunds/Remission/ Recovery of Customs Duty (policy); Single European Authorisation (SEAs) CAP & Own Resources Branch, Customs Unit 3, Government Offices, St. Conlon's Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. 1890 66 63 33 (067) 63400 Ext. 63211 067 33843 [/i:vj8mf265] But I don't know if they could help when it's UPS but they might be able to give you some back up and more info when dealing with UPS
thanks a million found my kermit for all your help im going to get on to them now. I know in the grand scheme of things that with everything that im paying for, for the wedding that €31 isnt alot but if every supplier were to rip me off or were to rip off every one off with 31 euros it amounts to alot. Im not not get anywhere but i'll feel better for trying :o0 :o0 thanks again
no way I understand especially as they are only samples!!! Try it out and see what they say