Menu

Cyclogest and Naltrexone in pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hbombadero Posts: 1960
Hi ladies, I wonder if anyone has been prescribed cyclogest and naltrexone in pregnancy. Napro have advised me to take both and have said that both are safe. I am just so dubious about taking medicines in pregnancy. Does anyone have any views? All views welcome, not just the positive ones. Thanks
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Im taking cyclogest up to 12 weeks (all going well). Have had no side effects so far. Its provides extra progesterone in your body which you naturally have anyway, so as far as Im aware (or at least been told) there is no harm to your or baby. Its commonly prescriped for ladies who have had recurrent misses. Ive no experience with naltrexone :babydust: :babydust:
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Hi Hbombadero, I'm not on Cyclogest but I am on Utrogestan which I think is the same it is a progesterone pessary. I am 10.5 weeks and thank God so far all is ok, (I hope) I have had three scans. This is an IVF baby. I defo wouldn't worry re progesterone supports. I can't help with Naltrexone as I don't know what it is but I am loads of meds myself to support my pregnancy, Clexane a blood thinner injection every day, Progesterone supports and Pregnyl twice a week. (pregnly is a new addition as I had some brown spotting last week again it is to support my Progesterone level as far as I understood.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Are you pregnant Hbomb?
lollisue Posts: 507
Progesterone is given to everyone who has ivf for the first few months of pregnancyand often to people with a history of Mc, so it's very common in pregnancy. Don't know the other one i'm afraid.
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
[quote="Sassypants":2ayoclmt]Are you pregnant Hbomb?[/quote:2ayoclmt] Yup. Woo woo. Early days but happy as a pig nonetheless. Thanks for the replies on Cyclogest. Think I'll skip the naltrexone.
Shells Bells Posts: 650
Huge congrats Hbomb! I was on progesterone for the first 15 or 16 weeks of pregnancy. My 7 week old is napping on my chest as I type. I don't think she'd be here if it wasn't for the progesterone. No idea about Naltrexone but if you have any concerns maybe chat to your consultant about benefits and risks of taking it. Best of luck and enjoy the pregnancy!
mrsbo Posts: 344
I was on both for most of my pregnancy , cyclogest for about 32 weeks and naltrexone for about 36 weeks. The cyclogest was a no brainer for me, as my progesterone levels did not rise without it...I had to monitor it closely for most of my pregnancy. Am sure our wee man would not be here without cyclogest support I believe the naltrexone has an effect on our immune system, so may prevent your body rejecting the embryo. they are not entirely sure how it works though I put total faith in my drs in napro, as know I would not have gotten pregnant without them...and had faith they were giving me the best advice to get my baby safely here. We are now the proud parents to a beautiful baby boy, born late and healthy who is so strong, alert and responsive. I am also in contact with other napro mammies, who were on naltrexone for their entire pregnancies and their babies were very quick developers in first months of life best of luck and a huge congratulations xx
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Congrats Hbombadero! Thanks fantastic news, I read a post by you on another thread re taking a break for Christmas, its amazing how our lives can change in a heartbeat, enjoy every minute of it :o)ll
Flower Girl Posts: 1645
[quote="Hbombadero":2l78t24h][quote="Sassypants":2l78t24h]Are you pregnant Hbomb?[/quote:2l78t24h] Yup. Woo woo. Early days but happy as a pig nonetheless.[/quote:2l78t24h] Ah, that's great. Good work. Hope all goes well.