D&S Videographers-Mayo

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nee Posts: 81
Hi Wollies, Just wondering has anyone had any contact with D&S Videographers in Mayo. I have been trying to contact them for the past three weeks and have got no reply or no call back. Have left several messages. They did our video on 21st August. They said it would be 10 wks before we got the dvd which is fine but they asked us to e-mail pics to them from our childhood. I initally rang in relation to this but am panicking now that they have closed or something! We have paid full price.
Gembira Posts: 847
Hi nee, I can't help with D&S but the videographer I've booked used to work for them (or co-owner or something). He's been on his own for a while now, I booked him back in May or June. He's also based in Westport so I don't know would it be worth contacting him to find out? They're called All West Videos - 0876105911 HTH & hope you get it sorted out! xxxxx
Thanks so much. If I don't hear from them today I will give him a call. Thanks for your help.
midnightqueen Posts: 582
God, I have them Booked for our Wedding in January!!!! :eek :eek I hope they have not gone Bust O:| O:| O:| O:|
cc2010 Posts: 6
Any update on D&S videographers? Has anybody got in contact with them?
Well I rang the other Videographer and explained to thim that I could not contact D&S. He said that another bride had rang him with the same problem!!! He said that he would contact them for me and get him to ring me. That was a Monday but it was the Thursday before they actually contacted me. He said he had been away!!! If he had been on holidays for 3 weeks surely he would have left a message on the voicemail!! Anyway I had to e-mail him some pics and he said that I would have the Video by the following Thursday which was the 5th Nov. No video as yet.....I haven't tried to ring them. We were never in a hurry to get the video but the fact that he didn't return my calls for three weeks, didn't respond to my mail (even to say he had received pics ok) and now he is a week past the date he said we would have the video....it worries me. I hope the quality is ok. I will let ye know as soon as I get it. Fingers crossed for me!
Hi girls, Just to let you know I got the DVD on Friday. Big sigh of relief!!
Hi, Were you happy with the DVD you got from them. I have been trying to contact them for 2wks to confirm our booking in January and there is no ans and no return calls even though i have left Plenty of messages. I have emailed them now so hopefully they will get back to us. But its makes you think ARE THEY RELIABLE!!!!!!!!
Hi princessmc. I cannot understand why they are so bad at returning calls! It only takes a couple of minutes! Especially ignoring a birde to be. I thought they were ignoring me because they didn't have my dvd ready or something. Anyway we got the dvd and yes we were happy with it. I do think it is really important to have one as I hadn't remembered any of the speeches! So as I say I was happy overall with the dvd but..........................just a few things!!! They were late arriving to my house cos they got lost. We did give good directions but in fairness to them they had to travel from Westport to Leitrim so they weren't that familiar with the area. Because of this they got very few shots of me at the house. One shot of the outside of my home and then just a few min of me in the bedroom. I would have preferred some shots of outside and of me walking down the stairs or even my families reaction when they came into the sitting room but because they were late they had to get to the church to set up! Also there is a part of the church cut out!! It is when the singer is signing Ava Maria, it was fantastic and we were all looking forward to hearing it again but its just gone from the ceremony which was very disappointing. Luckily my brother-in-law had recorded the musician on a mini disc so he is going to put it on the dvd for us. One other thing that niggled us is that my husbands surname is spelt wrong on the opening sequence! A small detail but one that should not have been overlooked....our names where on all the correspondence we had with them. I think these three issues could be easily ironed out for you. Just make sure your clear as to exactly what you want and make sure they are familiar with where they are going!! I hope you get through to them soon. More importantly though, I hope you enjoy all the excitment leading up to your wedding. It is the most amazing time xxx
Thanks, I am kinda nervous now about them & H2B does not have Great Patience at the best of time's :o( We are not having them at the house that morning cause i think its a lot of pressure on everyone there. We have them booked to come to the church. SIL got married a few years ago & she had one at the house & she was under a lot of pressure What i might do though is have a cam corder in the house that morning for myself. :o0 :o0 :o0