D'ya know what I hate?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Do you know what I hate and am getting bored of and it's TOTALLY stupid and unimportant? People posting 'inspirational' messages/photos/quotes on their Facebook wall. You know the type: Life is short, don't waste it. Or something like that. And then there's 14 likes and lots of 'So true hun'. It's just so twee! And fake somehow. Silly badly written misspelled 'inspriational' quotes that mean NOTHING! Also - people posting YouTube videos of songs on their FB wall. I opened mine one day there last week and a youngfella I know (who's LOVELY) had posted literally 15 songs one after another, all tagged 'Yayyyyy love this one' and it was just song after song clogging up the stream. I don't CARE that he loves that song! I don't CARE! So what do you hate? And the first person to say 'posts like this you b*tch' gets a smack in the face. I know I'm an awful b*tch let's take that as read.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Ah stop being a Bi*tch! >:o( Just joking :o0 :o0 :o0
Snuffy Posts: 1492
Posts like this you b!tch! Ah no, those posts on facetube annoy me too. So pointless!
R2theB Posts: 1660
MASSIVE +1 on this Smileykaz! A girl I'm friends with has some app that posts several chirpy life-affirming quotes and messages a day, rage-inducing. Don't mind the youtube songs as much, I just don't ever watch them.
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
Bakebook in general! But especially the photos -[i:6b6uusqx] Like if you think this girl is beautiful despite having cancer Facebook will donate $0.20 for every like!!![/i:6b6uusqx] No they won't - wise up to frig Or the posts like: [i:6b6uusqx]May I ask a personal favor.... and this is REALLY personal for my family right now....only some of you will do it, and I know who you possibly are, if you know someone who fought a battle with cancer and passed away, or someone who is still fighting, (or someone in remission)... please add this to your status for 1 hour as a mark of respect and remembrance. I hope I was right about the people who will re-post[/i:6b6uusqx] Shut up you annoying people!!
Alwaysbroke Posts: 1140
Oh all the above! And while you're on a facebook rant can I add all the stupid cryptic status updates like :( and saying nothing at all with 50 replies omg what's up?, to which they reply don't want to talk about it on here will pm you! AAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Phew I didn't realise that was bothering me quite so much! Thanks SK for the release! Lol! Edited just in case!
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="bazinga":1790fhqp]Bakebook in general! But especially the photos -[i:1790fhqp] Like if you think this girl is beautiful despite having cancer Facebook will donate $0.20 for every like!!![/i:1790fhqp] No they won't - wise up to frig !![/quote:1790fhqp] Was going to post about these.. They totally wreck my head! Also people that check in "in bed" or "on the couch" Don't mind checkins usually.. Use it myself when somewhere exciting.. But the above ones ... O:|
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
[quote="R2theB":3oaz71nl]MASSIVE +1 on this Smileykaz! A girl I'm friends with has some app that posts several chirpy life-affirming quotes and messages a day, rage-inducing. Don't mind the youtube songs as much, I just don't ever watch them.[/quote:3oaz71nl] Chirpy life-affirming! YES! That's EXACTLY what I mean. I don't think I can take anymore. And I'm following someone on Twitter who is the same. Not a Wollie or someone I know, just a randomer who followed me so I followed back and now I want to shoot myself in the face! (First person to say 'you should shoot yourself in the face, bint face' gets a kick up the hole.) Do you know what the worst thing is? I could jsut block/defriend/unfollow these people? But I won't. I LIKE being this annoyed! I'm a masochist.
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
I'm a Facebook addict but am a +1 to all of the above. But my pet hate is the multiples so in smileykaz's case I doubt mind one song being put up but the person who puts twenty up one after the other obv you don't love them all O:| same with the people who post hundreds of those funny pics and you know they are just stalking pages to put stuff up. I'm also getting fed up of the share competitions going on. Be original people.
R2theB Posts: 1660
[quote="Smileykaz":1tfl25g9]I LIKE being this annoyed! I'm a masochist.[/quote:1tfl25g9] Hahahaaaaaa! I am the exact same. It also gives me a sort of smug self-satisfaction knowing that I would never be so dull as to post this inane BS. Do you know what might cure us? ....Never never never giving up. Hope will whisper that we should try it one more time. Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end. Miracles happen every day. Life does not put things in front of you that you won't be able to handle. Keep calm and carry on. Be happy for this moment for this moment is your life. Men are like bank accounts, without money they don't generate a lot of interest. After all, life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself. I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly... and so on. I mean c'mon Smileykaz, it [i:1tfl25g9]really makes you think[/i:1tfl25g9], no??