Damn bank!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gottabfp Posts: 5641
Things are tight this month as dh social welfare has not come through as they lost his file after him singing off to do 4 weeks work O:| O:| . so christmas has been tight. There was just enough money in the account to cover the mortgage. Knowing we are getting back payment of the sw i decided to take out 300 and let my mortgage go into arrears and clear it then when the money comes in. However the bank have a different idea and still took the mortgage money and put me in the red ( dont have a over draft) , Now i have no cash til friday, and any of my dd are going to bounce back now charging me €5 at a time. sorry rant over!
vidia Posts: 2960
That was happenning us a few years ago too and was a pain in the Ass! My only advice would be to apply for an overdraft just for peace of mind when things are a bit tight. There is a charge for it, but its considerably less the the bounced fee charges..
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Same as with us. My employers didnt give me the last weeks wages as the payroll lady didnt know what the last week worked as there was 53 weeks this year??? I have a funny feeling that it will either be "forgotton about" or paid as 2011 wages, i.e. being €20 down due to the new tax rates
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Ah that's not good! As someone said, take out the OD for piece of mind.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Thanks girls, id be lethal with an od id just see it as extra money, We will just eat in my mams until its cleared :o0 :o0
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
[quote="wannabfp":tbr5s6u5]Thanks girls, id be lethal with an od id just see it as extra money, We will just eat in my mams until its cleared :o0 :o0[/quote:tbr5s6u5] Oh believe me it's not when you get paid again :o0 :o0