Dark brown urine?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mischa09 Posts: 1068
Hi When I went to the toilet this morning my urine was really dark brown. Does anyone know what it might be from? Mischa
shobie Posts: 1437
I think it means you are dehydrated. HTH
sinion Posts: 6050
[quote="shobie":3i1wynur]I think it means you are dehydrated. HTH[/quote:3i1wynur] Yep, exactly that.
theoracle Posts: 7664
If your urine is very dark in colour it may mean that it is very concentrated ie as other posts suggested, it may simply be the case of needing more fluids. Sometimes also certain foods you eat can discolour the urine. However keep an eye on it and if the colour persists go to your GP as it may also be sign of an UTI, but only a urine analysis can confirm this or rule it out.
neeov Posts: 4256
It can be from blood too. Try lots of water and see if it goes lighter, otherwise you have to go to the doc. Some vitamins can color your urine too, have you just started a new set? It would be unlikely that this would make it very dark brown though, more mid brown or very yellow.
contented Posts: 2625
Hi The dark brown colour, from my experience, is more inclined to be from blood as opposed to dehydration. I've found that dehydration tends to lead to a more orange colour. Get a sample down to your gp to have it checked asap. It doesn't necessarily mean you are bleeding if its blood as it could be because of a bladder or kidney infection and can easily be treated with antibiotics.
sinion Posts: 6050
I was very dehydrated from 24/7 vomiting and mine was dark dark brown, gp saw and tested sample and immediately said it was dehydration so it could also be that.
mischa09 Posts: 1068
Thanks for the replies! It seemed to be just a one off. My urine has been fine since ifact pretty clear! I'll keep an eye on it though and mention it to my gp on my next visit. Thanks again Mischa