Menu

Darver Castle brides

Go to All Things Wedding

Novemberbride2016
New Wolly

Re: Darver Castle brides

Postby Novemberbride2016 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Nope Mrsmcc2502, haven't really had much dealings with them to do, as the wedding isn't for over a year. But we're thinking of going to the showcase in Sept. I'll ask if you haven't got an answer by then.

mrsmcc2502
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsmcc2502 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:37 pm

We had our meeting back in May, didn't realise Anne was going off on maternity leave! I always get confused between Anne and Julia lol. There's a wedding in th day before us, we have a lot to set up and I read there's a charge - has anyone ever been charged for this? X

LadyB2016
Mini Wolly

Postby LadyB2016 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Hey Mrsmcc2502

The charge for Darver to set up any items is referred to on the wedding checklist they would have given you at your 6 monthly meeting. Just had a look at mine but there is no figure mentioned so I guess it depends on what they are being asked to set up. I'm thinking maybe drapes/fairy lights behind the top table maybe? If you are having any props like photo booth, selfie mirror etc then I'd say the company supplying them would set them up so not sure what Darver would be charging for. We are having the Lovin Letters but the company will set them up the evening before so nothing for Darver to do so we are not being charged any extra. The only other extra cost highlighted was a charge of €275 if you wish to have the speeches before the meal.

mrsmcc2502
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsmcc2502 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:29 pm

We are doing our own centrepieces and have a few small display things for th drinks reception, I emailed Anne yday to ask about set up and she said we could drop it up the day before but there are a number of things to go on each table - just hoping they don't whack a bill on us the day after for set up!

LadyB2016
Mini Wolly

Postby LadyB2016 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Hopefully not. If you are happy to set things up yourself you should be fine. Hope the rest of your plans are coming on well. 9 weeks today for us. Cannot believe it! The year to date has just passed in a blink. Invites going out next week so think it will all start to sink in then.

mrsmcc2502
Mini Wolly

Postby mrsmcc2502 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:53 pm

We can't set up the day before sadly as there is another wedding we have to just leave the boxes up and they will set them up for us. H2b said he will go up the morning of the wedding if needs be but that's a bit too much pressure! Ah that is flying in, 9 weeks! Have you much still to do?

Richard Gavin
LadyB2016
Mini Wolly

Postby LadyB2016 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:33 am

Yes, still a few things to do such as the mass booklet, choosing and asking people to read and the bridesmaid alterations. Girls dresses were due in last week and no sign yet. Hope they are not much longer as anxious to see how they look. I have my first fitting on Thursday. Also need to get gifts for the bridesmaids, thinking earrings and maybe perfume. Also need to choose what songs for the mass. So many to choose from. I am so indecisive! Also need to have a think about ordering foreign currency for the honeymoon. No idea what we might need.

magicphoto10
New Wolly

Postby magicphoto10 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:35 am

I think Mirror Booth worth it https://magicphoto.gr/

Previous

Go to All Things Wedding