Date Time

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luk Posts: 61
Hi girls, posted this is relationships forum too but think more people viewing this forum so here goes.... Planning a wedding as we all know can take up a lot of your time and money :-8 . But myself and oh have make a promise to have regular dates over the next few months. Most will have to be inexpensive but something fun to do together. Thought I would start this thread so we might build a list of inexpensive but fun places that make good dates :wv . So what's :xox your and your ohs favourite date?
lorraine78 Posts: 988
When we were saving for the wedding,me and my hubby had date night every saturday night.We cooked a nice meal,had a bottle of wine,caught up on all the craic for the week,and listened to some music.There was strictly no wedding talk!! It cost us about 20 euro and kept us entertained all evening ;o)
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I got my hubby 'A year in dates' for Christmas - one for each month of 2013. There's a few cheap and cheerful ones in there - but as it was is Christmas gift - I spent some (not lots) of money on others. Here they are with the costs - hope it helps. Jan - tickets to see 'Tuesdays with Morrie' in the Gaeity (approx 50 euro for 2) Feb - candlelit dinner for 2 at home - cooked by me (free except for ingredients at the time) March - Spooky excursion at night to the Hellfire Club from (approx 40 euro for 2) April - a classic - dinner and a movie (I bought a 20 euro cinema voucher and a 30 euro voucher for Nandos ) May - A trip to xtreme ireland () where you do aerial obstacle courses, zip lines, archery, that sort of thing (The package I got was 70 euro for 2 people but there were a couple of cheaper ones..) June - Hillwalking in Lough Dan. I printed out the route from . (Free) July - Tickets to see Hairspray in the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre (70 euro for 2) August - Gourmet 'toes-in-the-grass' picnic made by me (Free except ingredients at the time) September - Dublin Culture Night is on the 20th - Trip to the Illusions experiment at the Science Gallery (Free) October - A trip to the Gallery of Photograpy in Temple Bar (Free) followed by chicken wings in Elephant & Castle ( I got a 30 euro voucher) November - Ski practice session at (approx 50 euro for 2) December - Ice skating which I didnt prepay
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
our favourite is either eddie rockets and a movie or a walk on dun laoghaire/howth pier/bray seafront followed by a steaming bag of chips cuddled up on a bench :-8
luk Posts: 61
Wow lucky ladee that's a fab gift idea. My OH's birthday is Feb, I might steal it. Thanks for all the fab date ideas too. Thanks moobride we like dinner and cinema too. The walk by the sea could be lovely. We dont live by the sea so would be a change :)
luckyladee Posts: 2550
[quote="luk":26pfwy1r]Wow lucky ladee that's a fab gift idea. My OH's birthday is Feb, I might steal it. Thanks for all the fab date ideas too. Thanks moobride we like dinner and cinema too. The walk by the sea could be lovely. We dont live by the sea so would be a change :)[/quote:26pfwy1r] Steal away :)
Sheldonsfan Posts: 350
Trip to the zoo on a sunny day, sounds lame but was actually great! Dinner then movies Dinner in the house with a rented movie and bottle of wine A romantic night upstairs :-8 (made more of an effort than usual: had the place super tidy, new underwear, candles over the room, etc - think this was his fav!) Paintballing (hurt like hell but he loved it!) Theatre if there is anything on that takes our fancy (been to Phantom, going to Lion King next) Board game night (we got out jenga, checkers, some of the quiz games and sat with a bottle of wine and had a board game night) We still have a year and a half of saving so will be keeping an eye on this thread for more ideas!
Kop Bride Posts: 932
I literally was texting h2b from work today saying its ages since we had a date and he said it will prob be even longer as we are saving like crazy for the wedding with onlt few months left. Might just steal some ideas on here girls would really be interested in some ideas preferably going out of house rather then staying in :o)ll :o)ll
Mrsmonoiam Posts: 417
H2B and I decided last yr on our 1 yr pre wedding to dat night on th 27th of each month. Normally just do dinner and a movie but sometimes when we can afford it we would drive someplace go hillwalking with the dogs and book in to a b&b, great fun!! But I just like the idea of doing something nice, on the date of your wedding each month!! we only have 3 more date nights :o)ll :o)ll
Happy Hayley Posts: 66
Love the one year of dates present Luckyladee! Defo want to 'borrow' that idea!