Dates

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babyboom Posts: 294
I'm a little confused about the whole dates thing. Acording to my due date I'm 11wks & 1 day however this Friday it'll be 12 wks since my the date of my last period. Which is how I've been counting how far along I am which way do you count - very confusing? :-8
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
As far as I know you count 9 months and 7 days from your last period. Try that and see what you get. If i'm wrong, sorry :-8
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
See, read that completely wrong. Thought you were looking for your due date. Doh :-8
hi BabyMad Thanks for the help it's just frustrating when I think I'm 12 wks now I'm actually not I suppose I'll know better after my scan
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Who gave you your due date? I'd go with your own dates, although this is obviously not 100% accurate either as you don't know eaxactly when you conceived.
Leahxs Posts: 50
you dates should be from your 1st day of your last period , thats why you are actually preg for 10 months (40 weeks) they had these 2 weeks on , as they are asuming you dont know the precise day you conceived .... but if you do know the date you conceived you should count 9 months from then .. ok i dont think i am making any sense :-8 :-8 :o0
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Doctors always count your pregnancy from day 1 of your last period, even though you probably conceived about 2 weeks after that.
Hi All Thanks for the replies as far as i'm concerned I'm 12 wks this Friday (at long last) Have our 1st scan & meeting the consultant so we'll be sharing our news then I can't wait a day longer!!
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I'm totally with you on the dates babyboom. I find it all so confusing! I read a post here recently that basically said that when you're 20 wks you're only four months not five???????? O:| O:| O:| I've been tellin everyone I'm five months pregnant?????????????? :hic :hic
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Sphynx":177dff5z]Doctors always count your pregnancy from day 1 of your last period, even though you probably conceived about 2 weeks after that.[/quote:177dff5z] That what I go by and so does the hospital