Davina - My Pre And Post Natal Workouts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bettyboo!! Posts: 345
Did anyone try this or any more DVD's to recommend?
bride. Posts: 3014
I have it and love it. I do it 3 times a week and feel like I sleep much better after it. It's very geared towards being fit for the birth. It is in stages going Warm Up - Stretching - Aerobics (very light) - Toning (This will put you through your paces, I find it excellent) - Cool Down - Relaxation Stretching (This feels amazing!). I have only done Pre Natal so far but thinking that if I am fit during pregnancy it won't be so hard to get fitter afterwards.
bettyboo!! Posts: 345
Great, going to order it now, I really want to try and keep fit during pregnancy and try to keep the weight down. Thanks for your reply :wv
She also has a Tips section on it for the labour which was good, she's very honest about her own experiences and history. I have The Y Plan as well, it's good but it's so old. You can just see everyone jogging in straight out of the 70's. I was a bit distracted by it but apparently it's still technically up to date, just the hair cuts and clothes are mad to look at.
oneillj6 Posts: 463
Hi girls just wondering how many times a week should you do it to be really effective. It's the only thing that it does not state on the DVD, as there is no point "every so ofter". Thanks
montblanc Posts: 385
How long does the workout take? I really need to do something like this but not sure how much energy I'd have for a long workout. Still waiting for energy levels to rise in 2nd trimester.
I used to do it four or five times a week and the workout lasted an hour. To be honest, I am now crippled with SPD and I think doing this workout aggravated it badly. Apparently Davina has SPD as well but she must have the mildest case on record because very few of the exercises are possible with a moderate - bad case.