Day after wedding in Kilkenny

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2016bridetobe Posts: 17
Hi ladies, Just wondering if any Kilkenny brides are planning anything for the day after the wedding? We are having our reception at the Newpark and want to organise something for the next day but we're thinking of going into the city rather than staying in the hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions? So far my only thought is langtons. Thanks :)
Bridiekk Posts: 272
2016bridetoebe - another Newpark bride here. We're weighing up our options at the moment too. We're both from Kilkenny so we are considering doing a buffet in my parent's house and then maybe go out on the Saturday night and have finger food organised in somewhere like Bridie's upstairs or in Harry's bar in Langtons. There are options in the Hibernian hotel too and I think the Pembroke hotel offer things in their function room down stairs.
Lalabal Posts: 81
Hi! We are the newpark too. We are staying in the newpark for the 2nd day. Lots of people are staying in the hotel so its handier and the hotel are giving us the big room again for the 2nd day so please god the weather will be good and we can do a BBQ out in the gardens and have some music on the little stage they have outside :)
NiamhNiG Posts: 176
I've heard fab reviews from this weekend gone about bridies. Music (guitar man) best ever seemingly and fab food.
Bexter Posts: 1
Hi, I’m getting married in the Newpark next year. Just wondering what you guys ended up doing?
Gushka Posts: 6
Im getting married in neat weeks/ Im happy yeaaaaa