Day off tomorrow?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Is it really bad to ring in sick tomorrow when i'm not actually sick but soooo tired cos havent slept at all the last 2 or 3 nights? Would the doctor give me a cert i wonder? If I go to the doctor is it still free under combined care?
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Hey! Wouldn't be bad at all. I had to ring in sick a few times just down to sheer and utter tiredness. Pregnancy is an exhausting time...... No, you'll have to pay for a GP visit if it's not time for your combined visit. Enjoy your day in bed!
Finished here Posts: 2860
Vodafone, Its not bad if you haven't been sleeping you may need a little time off to try to get some rest its not good to be pushing yourself if your exhausted and i am sure your GP would agree. As to whether it is stilll free technically its not as you are only entitled to a certain amount of visits under combined care but i know my GP has not charged me when i had to attend for a kidney infection !
neeov Posts: 4256
Do you need a cert for 1 day? Many workplaces only need a cert after 2 days. The combined care differs from doctor to doctor, some will not charge you for extra visits that are related to pregnancy, some will charge for extra ones. I'd pay anyhow, I think you should listen to your body in pregnancy, its not a time to be pushing yourself. Hope you get some sleep tonight.
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
take the day off i don't need a sick cert until 3 or ore days off sick - do you need one for just one day?
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Don't need one as such...i'm a teacher and with the cutbacks in December our principal has "asked" us to get one if out for one day because she can pay a sub then...the politics of a staff room!! Ta for the advice tho...will def take tomorrow off...feel a bit guilty cos off on Fri for 2 weeks!
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
I took last week off due to pure exhaustion, not doing combined care but consultant is sending me a cert out in the post so should have it tomorrow, wouldnt feel guilty at all! *)