Menu

DD chewing/sucking hair...mine!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
Anyone else's lo do this? As soon as I pick up DD she goes straight for my hair. She grabs it in fistfuls (pretty normal I think), even if it's tied up when she pulls it out of the hair band, but then, and this is possibly the unusual part, she starts sucking, chewing and generally stuffing it into her mouth! She doesn't do it to anyone else, just me. I'm starting to wonder if I use a very tasty shampoo :o0
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
DS is exactly the same...maybe we use the same yummy shampoo :o0 He does rub his own hair when he's tired or upset for comfort so I think he just likes the feeling of hair, but it hurts since he's cut his teeth and tries to chew and tear it. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it!
Glad to hear she's not alone, I'd never noticed another baby doing it so I was curious. At the rate she's yanking out hair though, I'm not sure I'll need the gorgeous shampoo any more...owie! :weep
strangeangel Posts: 1269
Ha ha, yes, DD does this too, though it doesn't always go in her mouth - she like to just play with it lots of the time. I just got a few inches cut off it and since I've been back at work have been wearing it down rather than tied back. When I come home in the evening and pick DD up she immediately reaches for a strand on either side with both hands and then gives it an energetic pull, looking very pleased with herself :) When it does go in her mouth she usually makes a funny face, but it doesn't stop her from trying it again!
aurora Posts: 1629
[quote="strangeangel":3v7pkjem] she immediately reaches for a strand on either side with both hands and then gives it an energetic pull, looking very pleased with herself :) [/quote:3v7pkjem] :yelrotflmaosmilie: haha she's gas, probably thinks thats being affectionate. ds pulls my hair a bit too so i tie it back mostly, he gives the fringe a good tug but doesn't chew on it. he's doing a strange thing too - keeps trying to bite my chin! he doesn't do it to anyone else but comes at me with manic eyes trying to chomp down on my chin. i don't think i have that pronounced a chin - wonder is it shaped like one of his teethers or something! weird anyways.
strangeangel Posts: 1269
DD went for my chin when I got home today aurora :o0 Usually she attacks the side of my jaw and with her sharp little teeth she can do some damage! When DH picks her up she goes for his nose, so I think the chin is preferable to that :)
Ok, she's doing all of those things, and moved from my nose (which is the weirdest feeling ever) to my chin. Feeling a bit reassured so, I was slightly worried that she'd only been doing it since I went back to work and that it was some kind of stress thing. Thanks girls!