Menu

DD sleeping in pitch black room

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babs76 Posts: 1000
My DD is 16 months old and usually goes to bed around 7.30pm and sleeps through till about 6 or 6.45pm. I have black out blinds on her window (there the static ones that stick to the window - we are in a rental house so dont really want to be buying blinds if i can help it as we're hoping to move to our own place in the next year or so) and she has lined curtains so literally her room is pitch black (and i mean pitch black) - its this way for naps too I feel kinda guilty though thinking about her when she wakes in the morning (we leave her there till she starts yelling to get out!) and she is sitting there in the pitch black and all she has is her "Monkey" to talk to Should i try and introduce some light into her room (half worried about doing that though as she is so easily stimulated that if she woke early and it was bright she might not go back to sleep and that would be me up at 5am!!) so that she will be able to at least see something when she wakes up or should i leave well enough alone? just wondering what everyone else does?
Daff Posts: 11644
we the angelcare monitor and leave the night light on that on. It's not too bright but enough that both she and I can see what's going on once our eyes adjust. Means she can find her drink, dodi, teddies etc but not bright enough that she thinks it's day.
lovemybaby - do you mean the little ring around the top of the monitor (we have that monitor too)?
Daff Posts: 11644
yeh that's it - gives a light blue glow in the room. Works for us thankfully.
might give that a go thanks :thnk