Dddd

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Reecespieces Posts: 927
NowGone Posts: 8042
Er, Reeces, don't take the rejection personally. Have you seen the lending markets recently? NO Bank Is really looking to lend at the moment. Many mortgage providers have stopped offering 100% mortgages - bascially, it's costing banks more money to lend to you than they make from loaning it to you, if you follow me, due to inter-bank lending rates (and other complicated stuff I don;t understand). Try a few other banks. Try your own bank - you'd be suprised what they might offer you if they realise you're thinking of changing. And don't fret about the month it took them to reply - the quality of service you get in mortgage applications/transfers is pretty poor - when I applied with a certian bank they didn't reply for three months. Then, they never said yes, just sent the offer letter with my name, age, athe amount and the address of the property all incorrect. Hope you get it sorted.
HH
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Reecespieces":1ddtkh2s]....... The mortgage consultant refuses to speak to me and wouldnt make an appointment to meet me to give an explanation. .................[/quote:1ddtkh2s] Jaysus, well then that's totally different. Ar$eholes. I think I'd have to switch. That level of incompetency and bad manners would have my blood pressure through the roof.
Miah Posts: 2738
I think I'd be ringing head office to complain there - I can't believe the mortgage consultant refused to speak with you!!
Tess72 Posts: 1173
I switched to NIB last year. I bought my house over 8 yrs agos so have a tiny mortgage and loads of equity. After I handed in all the completed forms it still took them over 3 months to complete the transaction. I was on the phone to them a couple of times a week but never got to speak to anyone, always just got the Belfast phone support guys. They ignored my emails. I had to take time off work and go into the Dublin city council and do searches on the property myself because the legal company they use "First America" were so incompetent and couldn't find the required documents. I completely regret moving to them, it honestly wasn't worth the stress and hassle and I resent giving them my money because their service was so bad and the people I dealt with in the office were just terrible. I think you should consider yourself lucky they refused you.
Tess 72, thanks very much