Decided to take action - Updated

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wannabamama Posts: 481
[i:2zpyi4sj]Girls, ive been worried sick since my gp visit yesterday, its probably the hormones but i cant stop thinking about it. In case you didnt see my post he used a doppler to check for foetal heart rate and we heard nothing. He had warned me this might happen it might be too early and i know from the feedback from others that their GP only did this after 14-16 weeks, but i cant get it out of my head. So i called my consultant and im going to see him at 3pm this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed for me girls. My stomach is in knots. I really havent felt any symtpms all week :o([/i:2zpyi4sj] Well girls im back after an agonising wait and all is well. Im so relieved, it was great to see babs on screen with arms and legs moving all about. Consultant was very happy with size and heart beat. Im so glad i went i could not have tortured myself with the worry for another 4 weeks. Im so happy. :hyper:
Port Princess Posts: 1154
AH hun I'm sure everything will be fine, I know when I went in for a check up at about 20wks the doppler didn't really pick up the heart beat and the midwife said it was normal. Let us all know how it goes :xxx
oirish Posts: 1541
fingers crossed for you hun, i'm sure everything will be ok and it was just abit early for the GP to pick up the sound of the heartbeat.
I know girls if i was being rational i would just get on with it but ive worked myself into a bit of a state and the only way i can get on with things is to have myself checked out. Thanks :thnk
charli Posts: 5994
dont feel you are been irrational -follow your instinct as i said my GP only looked for HB at 18 weeks and even took ages and ages to find at 20 week visit also at 12 weeks i didnt really have any pregnancy symptoms at all all will be fine, and you will have peace of mind let us know, best of luck :wv
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I am sure every thing will be ok pet. GP used her doppler at 16 weeks on me, took her a while to get it. The doppler was as old as me too. Don't worry you will be fine.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
You will be grand dont worry. Even at 19 weeks the doc had trouble picking it up a lot depends on how the baby is lying.
NotHere Posts: 10273
I heard the heartbeat at 12wks but it was really pure luck. It took my doctor absolutely ages to find it and was just about to give up when she did get it. If she hadn't been able to then I'd have done the same as you because even though you know its not an unusual thing but it still leaves you in limbo. Good luck, all will be fine :thnk
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
You do the right thing if you're not happy and you're worried you're better of going to the hospital. I know I would.
Updated above.