Menu

decreasing temperature- help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

significantother Posts: 123
Hi girls, I hope somebody can help me somehow. TTC for 3 months on our first child. I posted on the TTC forum only yesterday coz I got my BFP- after the excitement yesterday, I am worried sick today Was 10 dpo yesterday, took temp at usual time and it had decreased alot- thought AF was coming early but had so many pregnancy symptoms- I took a pregnancy test and got BFP yest morning, another positive on clearblue last night and another positive this morning. However, temperature had plummeted again this morning- temperature is now right at my coverline. Due my AF on sunday and have a feeling, judging by decreasing temps, its gonna come :o( My DH is just so excited about my BFP, I just feel like something bad is gonna happen in next few days :o(
jen2 Posts: 3106
My temp never really goes higher in early pregnancy! Try not to worry to much, congrats on BFP. Don't know to much about this though. I get warmer in later pregnancy. Best wishes
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I've been freezing ever since I got pregnant, never monitored my temps after the BFP. I don't think it means anything, once the test is positive.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I too was freezing for the first few weeks of PG - still probably a bit colder now that I would have been before!!
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
One or 2 temps cannot tell you much. It could easily go back up tomorrow. Waiting is the name of the game now and there is no way of predicting what is likely to happen. You have a positive on a test and that is the main thing, a lot of people suggest it is best to put away the thermometer as soon as you get a BFP as it can cause more stress to keep up temping then. Hope it is a sticky for you, but you can't change what will happen by worrying, so I would suggest enjoying being pregnant for now. If your AF comes you will of course be very sad, but do try and take some solace in the fact that you got pregnant and so the chances that it would happen again soon are good, if the worst does happen. Best of luck.
mamajen Posts: 2263
My temp dropped below coverline at 15dpo yesterday but I got a positive, TBH I think it was just because the night was so much colder and the covers were off me! Was freezing again last night so got an extra blanket, I'm not temping anymore cos the drops were worrying me too much, I'm just enjoying being pregnant :o)ll