Delemma @ 5Wks PG

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fifteensept Posts: 565
Hello Ladies Have a bit of a delemma, my best friends hen party is this weekend in Dublin and its a two night affair....any suggestions on how I can cover up that im not drinking as there is only about 10 of us its a small group and I really cant be telling anybody yet. Im afraid of rounds in the pub or someone buying me a drink. I cannot not go and the whole antibiotic's is a bit obvious. Thanks n advance
SparkleX Posts: 1057
Hen parties are difficult. Would you consider telling your best friend only? That way she could help you cover. Avoid getting into group rounds but maybe go into rounds with just her. Perhaps drink 7up and pretend there's vodka in it. I told my best friend at 7 weeks as I was going to her babies christening which I knew was going to be a big session. Was dying to tell her anyway!
nelswife Posts: 3869
I was at a party a few weeks ago and one of the girls there was pregnant, so when people asked her what she was drinking she told them vodka and mixer... but she said that she had her vodka in her bag and was going to pour her own for the night!!...what about saying something like that..do you think you would get away with it?...even if you say you are doing it the first night and then on teh second fake a hangover and say you cant stomach drink you drank to much the night before?
Thanks for that advise Have defo though about telling my BF, I think I may Im just nervous as its so early only myself and DH knows. The Vodka think wont work in the pub thou...but have through about playing the bad hangover for the Saturday....only problem these girls know me so well doesnt really happen me and always life and soul of the party....sounds like I should stay at home
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="fifteensept":3b07xcn3]Thanks for that advise The Vodka think wont work in the pub thou...but have through about playing the bad hangover for the Saturday....only problem these girls know me so well doesnt really happen me and always life and soul of the party....sounds like I should stay at home[/quote:3b07xcn3] The party was on in the pub..she just said that her and hubbie hadn't got a lot of money at the moment with this and that on so she decided to bring her own...no one thought any different of her bring her own to the pub!!
spinning jinny Posts: 425
When I went to a hen when I was pg with ds I put vodka and sparkling water on the drinks list because there are always kittys on a hen night out. Everytime the vodka would arrive I'd go to the bar telling my friends that I wanted a dash of lime in it and I'd just swap it for a glass with a dash of lime and ice. I just mixed my sparkling water through the 'vodka and lime' all night, no one noticed a thing.....
Yeah thats a good idea been thinking about it again and I think I will tell my BF it will make it a bit easier for the weekend. Thanks for all the advice.
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
I was in the same situation on DS2 I went to my BF hen 5 weeks pregnant, they were drinking on the way down on the train and I took one but had two sips from it and then sure they didn't even notice!!! On the nights out I told my friend (who I was sharing the room with) as she would have known with the morning sickness.....all was hidden....when we went out I would by two vodka's and 7-ups at the start (as everybody was sober) but she would have them both :hic and I'd just have the 7-up, but by the end of the night you could be drinking toilet water and nobody would notice We didn't tell anybody in the end till i was 14 weeks, i knew my friend would keep it to herself and sure if anything did happen she'd have known either way as I did have a M/C on my first pregnancy and it's something you just can't hid from a friend/family.
Hopefully07....thanks for that advice you are right after they have had a couple of drinks wont that any notice of me....will let ye know how it goes
La La Land Posts: 226
Hi fifteensept - I'm over in Nov 11 babies with you! I have the same problem myself next weekend because it's one of my best friend's hens. I'm just going to tell my friends at the hen because I know there's no way I'll get away with pretending to drink plus the stress of trying to hide it... But I think telling your BF is your best option if you want don't want to tell people yet. I told one of my good friends on a night out early on my last pregnancy so we got in a 'round' together and no-one guessed a thing. Good luck!