delete

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cremebrulee Posts: 8546
delete..
alskling Posts: 311
Hi misty - God your friend's boyfriend sounds like a nightmare! If he's driving you guys up could he not just take your ticket and go instead of you? Or has he bought a ticket too? I don't think there's anyway you can get out of inviting him to the wedding but if you're really worried you should speak to her about it, and maybe have some of your H2B's friends standing by to throw him out if he starts making trouble? Sorry, can't think of anything very helpful, hope you manage to get it all sorted :wv
TokenMale Posts: 6845
I wouldn't go. End of. If I were you I wouldn't bother bending over backwards for your friend. Well and good if she gets tired of current fella's ways, you'll be there for her. Otherwise I just couldn't be arsed putting up with this kind of childish schoolyard hassle. God I hate people!
delete
alskling Posts: 311
[quote="misty21":36xgt5v2]Ok feeling better that it's ok that I don't want to go. I was having visions of being thrown out of the car somewhere along the A1 and not knowing where the hell I was and ringing H2B and saying " er, yeah I'm on a road... on the way home from belfast... somewhere... there's shrubs and stuff.... just drive up, I'll keep walking and we'll run into each other somewhere".[/quote:36xgt5v2] :eek If you really think this guy's so bad that there's even an outside chance he'd dump you on a roadside then don't go! Explain to her why you don't want to go, use examples of times he's been an @ss-hole if you need to. Just because you're friends with her doesn't mean you've to put up with her boyfriend treating you badly, and if she was any kind of a friend she should be sticking up for you anyway :wv
she Posts: 3298
he sound like a nut job!!!!!! if my partner didnt like one of my friends thats fair enough but if he was beening very rude to her i'd kill him, id say your friend needs to pick up for you.....are you sure you want to go with them.....
deleted
Valkstar Posts: 2747
I wouldn't go to the concert either....but I just have a bit of advice about the wedding. My bf was bridesmaid for another good friend. At the time she was going out with a guy who sounds exactly like you mate's boyfriend. At the wedding I basically tried to babysit him all day. He followed them to the park where the photos were being taken to make sure she wasn't too close to any of the guys. At dinner he was annoyed because she was at the top table and kept creeping up to hassle her. She missed the first dance with the groomsman cos he took her out to the carpark to have an argument - even the hotel manager had to get involved to stop the rowing. He ruined her day, and the bride didn't speak to her for over a year. There was nothing we could do but be there for her when she finally saw sense. If I were you, I wouldn't have her as bridesmaid. She might be your friend but I can only see two outcomes. 1. She comes without him. He'll turn up anyway and cause havoc and ruin your day, or just pester her with phone calls and have her up to ninety. 2. She brings him with her and he's a nuisance all day. I hope she sees sense and gets rid of him, but it could take a long time. Just don't let him ruin your wedding.
deleted
Valkstar Posts: 2747
[quote="misty21":2entgq7j]Valkstar, you have just named EVERY single concern I have about the wedding. :eek I imagine he will do EVERYTHING that your bf's boyfriend did... it must have been awful for her he hates me as it is, I can just imagine what he will be like when she has to dance with the groomsman. I'd be so mad at myself if I let him dictate how things are done and he makes me uncomfortable and ruins my day. If all that happened I would be absolutely furious at both of them... Of course I'll be there for her when it all goes wrong... just hope it's sooner rather than later.[/quote:2entgq7j] We think the reason he took her out for the argument was so she couldn't dance with the groomsman. She'd never even met the guy before! The funny thing is....about 2 years later she met the same groomsman one evening, and they're now married with a baby :o0 Anyway, I'd have a serious think about her being bridesmaid. If she doesn't contact you about the concert, then maybe you can think of an excuse about the wedding.