deleted...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buddylove Posts: 3288
Got the advice I needed so removed.. Thanks girls!
ilovebuns Posts: 109
Hi Jasper, I think yourself and the bridesmaids should go yourselves if you really want the limo. Personally I don't see the point in hiring cars when an ordinary car will do. Does the same job. Surely the grooms men will clean their own cars before the wedding
starbar10 Posts: 991
So much of a wedding can be OTT but they have become part of the norm - five course meals (I was at a meal last year with 7 courses :eek ), favours, wine with dinner, toast drinks but if you have budgeted and saved for it then why not We had a limo, it collected the gm and DH and brought them to the church and then brought the whole bridal party back to the hotel after mass. It worked, none of the guys have a car they could have got a taxi but we'd saved and budgeted x amount so we put it towards the car. There was champagne in the car so on their way back to the hotel they had a bit of bubbly to celebrate. In saying that if the gm dont want to go in the limo then they won't they will make their own way there and back and the money may be wasted so just bear that in mind - there'd be nothing worse than spending the money for it not to be used. No-one really sees the groom arriving with his guys, he is among the first there to greet all the guests so does it matter what they turn up in?
starbar10 Posts: 991
Well congrats on winning it :) Nice prize. If the GM are head up about not using it how about getting your mum and/or any of your family members to the church in it along with bm? Little bit of luxury for them? I'm guessing the hotel are giving you the Chrysler to get to the church?
buddylove Posts: 3288
My last post is gone!! Thanks Starbar.. Will have to sit down and think about it closer to the day I guess. Thanks for the replies.. I could have worse dilemmas I suppose!!