Deleted

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

okan Posts: 380
OH
candypants Posts: 8575
Where is parents live seems the best? Or the night in Dublin, surely staying over night in a hotel is a good thing, and you can give him another birthday present >:o) Just a bit of advice that made it very easy for me organising without OH finding out was doing a "private event on FB,"
Oh, what's a private event on FB? Or how do I go about setting that up??
Click "events" on the left hand side of your page. Then up the top right hand side it says "create event". Its really easy i promise, im normally USLESS and this kinda stuff and i managed it :o0 You can even put a pic in of "30th Birthday" Let me know how you get on.
And he won't see that??
No, you set it to private, and once you dont "invite" him, he cant see it.
if your not sure, set up a fake one first ;o)
Perfect, thanx candypants! :o0 Is it essential to put on food for guests?? He wants something pretty informal (well that's what he's getting anyway!) 1 of his friends who has had a party has put on finger food-the rest haven't bothered. I'm thinking just get everyone together in one place for drinks and a cake. Is this a bit mean? He has also hinted at an 80s fancy dress (not asking for much is he?!).
Personally yeah, i think food is a must.....sorry. Of course though it is up to you and if you cant afford it then you cant. But money is tight here and for OH we done chicken wings cocktail sausages sandwiches, crisps dip and popcorn, oh and peanuts! That was plenty. Bought from aldi, so it didnt cost much at all. I know some people go down the chicken curry/lasagne ect route, but its alot of hassle.