deleted

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
*)
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Ah that is shi*tty. Great that they're organising it and keeping it secret and making it special and all of that - but surely you check that the date actually suits the groom?! My husband and I picked the date of our stag/hen ourselves, and several months before it we said to friends/bridal party - the hen/stag is on February XX. We only had one night now and in Dublin not overnight so if it REALLY didn't suit someone we would have changed it, but everyone was grand with it. My husband is a teacher too and while it's primary and he doesn't have exam classes, certain times of the year are a nightmare for him with whole weekends spent writing reports or assessments. One year they had an inspection by the Department and the paperwork was enormous. So I know for a teacher with exam classes, getting away would be difficult and weekends are needed for preparation and work. Is there ANY way it can be changed? Or any way your husband can enlist someone at school to help him on that particular weekend?
Mustang Sally Posts: 394
That sucks! Boys are useless >:o( I'm really worried my poor fella is not going to get ANY stag. He's best man hasn't even told us if he's coming to the wedding or not let alone organise a stag.....Bloody men O:| Good job they're marrying organised, caring types like us eh? O:o)
Lindy79 Posts: 460
Wow, how horrible for your OH :( Bit crap of them not to go with the date that suited him, he is the groom after all >:o( . It sounds like they went with the date that suited the majority rather than thinking that you cant really have a stags without him! Its impossible to get dates that suit everyone but the basic people should be the most important (Groom, best man, groomsmen) and even then you sometimes can't cover everyone.
*)
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
[quote="CarolinaMoon":1f5oy0m5]Thanks girls, I do just feel so annoyed for him that they did what suited them rather than him and he feels the same - he is always the quiet one who goes along with stuff with them but just once it would have been nice if they had put him first. Flights are booked apparently so no changing that. SK - Everyone else will be up to their eyes in exams as well so he really won't be able to rely on colleagues to dig him out - he is just going to have do his best. I really wanted him to enjoy his stag and now I know he will be knackered and stressed out before, during and after - idiots >:o([/quote:1f5oy0m5] Would you have a word with them? I'm not saying you should act like his mammy or anything like that and it sounds like it can't be changed but I also think they should know how upset your OH is about it... tough situation though - you don't wanna come across as overbearing either! Bad form on their parts >:o(
[quote="peacockgirl":1m3d73m6][quote="CarolinaMoon":1m3d73m6]Thanks girls, I do just feel so annoyed for him that they did what suited them rather than him and he feels the same - he is always the quiet one who goes along with stuff with them but just once it would have been nice if they had put him first. Flights are booked apparently so no changing that. SK - Everyone else will be up to their eyes in exams as well so he really won't be able to rely on colleagues to dig him out - he is just going to have do his best. I really wanted him to enjoy his stag and now I know he will be knackered and stressed out before, during and after - idiots >:o([/quote:1m3d73m6] Would you have a word with them? I'm not saying you should act like his mammy or anything like that and it sounds like it can't be changed but I also think they should know how upset your OH is about it... tough situation though - you don't wanna come across as overbearing either! Bad form on their parts >:o([/quote:1m3d73m6] .
Char27 Posts: 376
Thats really rubbish for you and your OH. To be honest I cant really see any way that this situation can be fixed if all the flights etc are booked, maybe just chalk it down to a very tough lesson in "If you want something done right you have to do it yourself"