Deleted

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ginger Rogers Posts: 442
deleted
southie Posts: 66
not sure i fully understand whats going on with this but if you have it in writing from her already that the bar is still open at 4am sure thats it case closed she has to stand by that??
vienna Posts: 287
Oh Snugglebug thats crap I really wouldn take that from the wp get back to her and get tought why wasnt this metioned earlier etc...... Hope every works out :action32
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
so sorry to hear about your problem. was wondering is there any way you could buy your own drink in and have it there for after the bar stops or do you mean if you stay past one at all even if you're not drinking you still have to pay for every hour?? seems weird that they would change their story so suddenly. do you have anything in writing like old emails stating what you had originally agreed with them?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
How crazy is that? this is the last thing you need,is there anywhere else the whole group could head too after 1am?I suppose its too hard to keep everyone together...what are the costs after 1am?
deleted
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
God you must be raging and i dont blame you. do you know anyone who speaks spanish that could negotiate with the hacienda directly maybe? that woman who has organized it sounds like a dope either that or they are thinking they can get more money out of you.
Hi CuddlesGirl, I know a good few people who speak Spanish but I couldn't be arsed explaining it to them, then I'd have to have a big 2 x way conversation so would be unfair to ask anyone else to participate in the war!!! I haven't heard anything back from the WP yet but I will keep you posted. Thanks for the replies.
dant Posts: 137
Ah Sugglebug - You poor thing, try not to be upset. so have i got this right the problem is you are having to pay extra to have a bar extension until 2/ 3 in the morning instead of 01:00. or is it that the girl(wedding planner or hotel) did not mention anything about a bar extension before this. If you have 100 guests at 4e each, it is ~ 400e extra/ hour. Which would bring you up to 02:00 and then they have 2 hours to drink up last orders and clear out. Which could easily take up to 2 hours and 04:00 was the last bus you had organised. (Or are they actually telling you to get out at this point?) I have to pay 350 for a bar extension (which is only an hour and a half, which brings me up to half one). Your price certainly seems a little steep, as i would have been under the impression that in Spain it would be cheaper. Did you mention to her before about the bar extension or did you take it as a given? If it was discussed before- i would certainly be looking for her to absorb the cost- that is what a wedding planner is there for(i'd imagine) - to find out all these things in advance. The next wedding she plans there, she will not forget to tell her customers. Even if it wasnt discussed before - i would have expected her to do her job and let us know. Try not to get too worked up over it - see if you can get a solution. Let us know how you got on :action32
Deleted