Dentist in Dublin city centre for nervous patient !!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hopefully Posts: 254
Hi girls Just wondering if you could recommend a good dentist in Dublin city centre for a nervous patient :eek. Would be great too if you knew of one that opened early or late sometimes too ... don't want to have to take time off work (9-5.30). Thanks girls :wv
JuliaItaly Posts: 922
I'm from Limerick and I travel to Dalkey to the Dalkey Clinic to my dentist, Dr Hugh Byrne. I know Dalkey isn't in the city centre though. I am the most nervous patient you will get, I curl in a ball at the sight of a needle but he is so brilliant at putting me at ease and I trust him 100%. I am worse than a child when I go in to his surgery but he has the patience of a saint with me and talks me through everything he is going to do before he does it. I would highly recommend him.
guber Posts: 376
Had to get a tooth pulled as was absolutely terrified. Found a dentist that did "twilight sedation" - your basically awake but so out of it that you cannot feel a thing. His name is Sean Murray and he's on the north side - just before Fairview - he is a young dentist and absolutely brill - has the patience of a saint and nothing is too much for him. Good luck!!
mad woman Posts: 22106
O'Brien Dr Eugene B. A. , B. Dent. Sc Dent Surgn 51 Henry Street, Dublin 1 01-8730809 This is mine, he's quite good, I've been going for nearly 10 years, just explain on the phone that you are nervous and he opens at 8am and through lunch. HTH's
smurf77 Posts: 2216
The practice on Molesworth Lane by the passport office. I am terrified and he always makes me laugh and gets the nurse to hold my hand :-8
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Guber":2n51f70f]Had to get a tooth pulled as was absolutely terrified. Found a dentist that did "twilight sedation" - your basically awake but so out of it that you cannot feel a thing. His name is Sean Murray and he's on the north side - just before Fairview - he is a young dentist and absolutely brill - has the patience of a saint and nothing is too much for him. Good luck!![/quote:2n51f70f] He is my dentist!!!! He is the guy that did my veneers for me and he is soooooooooo nice. I would recommend him to any one. He also has a surgery in Baldoyle :wv
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Here is my dentist's details: Susan Kiely Fitzwilliam Dental Practice, Dublin 2 01 661 4659 http://www.fitzwilliamdental.com/ She's expensive, but she's brilliant. As soon as I step into a dentists office my heart starts racing and my palms go sweaty. She totally puts me at ease, she gives me music to listen to while shes working away. I can't recommend her highly enough. And you can get 8.30am appointments. Good luck :wv
Carizza Posts: 320
[quote="jujubeans":2wg7hmnj]Here is my dentist's details: Susan Kiely Fitzwilliam Dental Practice, Dublin 2 01 661 4659 http://www.fitzwilliamdental.com/ [/quote:2wg7hmnj] That's where I go too but I see Ray McCarthy and he's lovely too. Wouldn't go to anybody else at this stage. Like Jujubeans said, a bit expensive but they're very good for giving appointments at short notice and I find their hygienist is brilliant too.
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
I go to Dr Ivan Power in rathmines. (I know he's not in the city centre) He's so nice and puts me at ease, i hate the dentist and get very nervous aswell and he talks me through everything i find him great.