dentist

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fancypants Posts: 453
Hi - i am rubbish at going to teh dentist - hate it in fact But think I have to bite the bullet - have a wisdom tooth that is causing ongoing problems - think there is other stuff too. Anyway wahts the story with getting stuff like that done when you are pregnant - I don't even have a dentist yet so its not like I can ask them. I pressume going for a clean and check up is fine - I will of course ask when i am there/ make an appointment. But if anyone knows anything that would be great I pressume anastheic (sorry about sp) would be a no no if I had to get teeth out - :eek :eek
Jeidi Posts: 3128
I always have to fill out a checklist form before I go into the dentist and one of these questions asks if your preggers. Maybe ring the reception and ask?
sandym Posts: 774
I got my wisdom tooth pulled when I was 39 weeks pregnant...the dentist rang hoispital and my doc said there was no botehr using the anasthetic..it depends on your medical circumstances as well though i suppose so best to get them to check before they do anything..i don't think it's a problem at all though
allexcitednow Posts: 654
It is recommended that you go to the dentist when pregnant to make sure you dont develop any problems. If there is something that really need to be done it can once your consultant says its ok and that you have no complications. clean and check up is fine