Dentist

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Can we go and get our teeth cleaned??
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Yes I think it's advisable to go when you're pregnant as your gums can get very tender and swollen and bleed while pg. AFAIK you can't have fillings, but your dentist will know for sure.
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Yes definitely I can't see why not but do mention to them that you are in early stages of pregnancy so they will not take x-rays and such.
babe06 Posts: 898
yep I got them cleaned before christmas and dentist recommened I come back in a few months again. Mine are bleeding seriously though now so don't think it would be very pleasant.
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
I wonder why your gums get very sensitive and bleed and all that while pregnant??
NotHere Posts: 10273
I have the dentist this week, will let ye know how I get on and what they say about it.
lenadmp Posts: 139
Hi girls I am a dentist!! Your gums are prone to pregnancy gingivitis while pregnant. Nobody is sure of the exact reson why this happens- keep flossing and youll be fine- mouthwash corsodyl v good too! I think ill be the woolies dentist!!
lenadmp Posts: 139
ps tigglets you can have fillings while your pregnant. But I would not recommend amalgams(small amount of mercury)!!
Penfold Posts: 365
Oh God, another thing to worry about - what about orthodontics? Still braced up for the next couple of months.
Tedsters Posts: 1688
My gums are really tender now and bleed a little now. Have to use a softer toothbrush. My gums are looking a bit wierd this am and have made appointment with Dentist.