Menu

Deodrant Dilema!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Ladies, I need your help or opinion here. I hate being the centre of attention, due to been quite shy-so the wedding day will be a real challenge for me! If I get embarressed or shy I get extremley hot and a lot of the time I'd get quite sweaty. I've tried so many brands of deodrants, they work for a little bit at the begining but then it stops. The last thing I want or need are sweaty 'pits on my wedding day!! All the brands claim the same thing but I can't find one that actually works. I heard that when the stars go to the Oscars, they get Botox injected into thier armpits and that stops them having sweaty armpits and yellow stains on thier outfits. Don't know if I'd go that far-yet! Any suggestions on whats a good brand or what I can do? My dress is strapless too. :-8
mad woman Posts: 22106
keep you bridesmaids on hand with deo wipes and go and see you doctor see if there is anything he could give you to help with it.
Tried those wipe things and I didn't find them that WOW although they were very handy in emergencies! Thanks anyway. The hunt goes on! :wv
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Have you tried Mitchum? I love it...
Ooh that one rings a bell - and I think it did work for a bit, might try that one again as it's just the day that I need the extra kick to make sure I'm fresh as a daisy - day after I'll just go back to the other stuff. cheers
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Yep, I'd recommend Mitchum, its what I used for the big day and I was fine.
Service Finder
willful Posts: 6822
Where do you get it and is it expensive?
I've seen them in all supermarkets and chemists, it's a dark green container and they do all types - stick, spray and roll on. Price wise I've a funny feeling it's a smidgen dearer than your Sure, Soft & Gentle etc. It has a lovely smell to it as well - very clean.
Elliecat Posts: 2725
[quote="Daisychain37":21hovx1h]I've seen them in all supermarkets and chemists, it's a dark green container and they do all types - stick, spray and roll on. Price wise I've a funny feeling it's a smidgen dearer than your Sure, Soft & Gentle etc. It has a lovely smell to it as well - very clean.[/quote:21hovx1h] Yeah, you can get it nearly everywhere, and its only slightly more expensive than the norm. It has a very neutral smell and I find the roll-on great - its the only one I've ever found that isn't sticky, and its dry in about 30 seconds.
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Yeah pretty much everywhere does it. It's supposed to last for 48 hours - ewww dirty people!! I think it's a bit stronger than the others I've tried. The neutral one is really good for not clashing with perfume. Just a note tho - if you use the spray, make sure to wipe yourself down after, as I have noticed white powdery residue after some sprays.