Dermalogica ( how long )

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

terribride Posts: 627
I got my first facial a month ago and I have been sticking to the cleansing routine the beautician gave me. My skin feels so much healthier and softer but I have terrible breakouts now all around my chin mostly and it's driving me nuts because it so sore ( some of the spots are real cosy neighbours) Anyone else ever been here? How long more must I take? I know with any new beauty regime there's a settling period I just thought mine would be over by now :roll:
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
this has happened to me only i had breakout before and are only now dying off. have to say they seemed to last longer after facial. would suggest asking beautican. i am hoping to get some samples from her soon so will ask also. usually have pretty good soon but have been bad on diet so imagine its related.
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
Started using the Dermologica Clay Cleanser last week and sow I have a circle of red spots around my mouth. :(
Magpie I'm the same :( around my mouth is the worst affected. I'm so depressed at the moment because my H2B says my face looks worse, when I asked did he not think it was getting better at all he said " certainly doesn't look like it, your face is red"( sometimes I wish he wasn't so blunt) I thought 2 ltrs of water a day and my new facial regime everyday would at least improve it by now. Any ideas on what I should do? I'm so upset......
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
How are you getting on now? I'm no better a fortnight later but decided to stick with it until i finish the bottle ( it's a small sample one). I have to say the rest of my face looks great and my T zone is a lot less oily but around my mouth is still spotty.
Hey Magpie! I'm exactly the same, my face feels better everywhere except (and it's a big except) around my mouth. I haven't had a chance to go back for my second facial yet but I will ask her about it!!! I do feel that it will improve ( the forever optimist :D ) It still looks quite bad but it's not sore anymore and I don't feel my skin crawling as much IYKWIM. I'm going to give it another month and also I'll mention it to the doctor see what she thinks. (i'm due a pill top up soon) I hope it improves soon ( for both of us) and I'll pass on any advice I get. Terribride
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
i've had similar.. and for me it was stress related. i was getting spots worse than i ever had as a teenager, they're back again now. when i went to doctor she said it was stress causing them, they weren't spots but little cysts. course of antibiotics and they cleared up. had them about 3 times over 5 years. i'm off to the doctor again later this week.
Stress eh? something I know ALL about at the moment :roll: That's it I'm going to go to the doctor next week if possible, my nurse friend thinks I may have an underactive thyroid too so the reasons to go are mounting up a bit :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm just so busy with work/college ugh. I wish it was something an antibiotic could get rid of!!!!
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
don't worry.. i know you're really busy but the doctor could help clear up a few things worrying you and maybe recommend some vitamins too or something. if the dermalogica stuff isn't working for you change to something else. Different products work for different people. I change every time from eve lom, to thalgo, to kiehls, to dermalogica. i have 3 cleansers on the go from dermalogica alone, the cleansing gel for morning, the one for sensitive skin for night, and the mud type cleanser for once weekly so that it doesn't cause too many breakouts. also have a think about your diet.. i mean is there anything triggering it, for me it's curry, chili, spices, pepper.. for my sister it's vinegar... hope it works out ok for you. :)
Thanks Chloe. Was it trial and error that helped you figure out what foods upset your skin? or did you get an allergy test? I've heard of allergy tests and I was always keen to do it.