Dessy American Beauty Colour Help

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GalBride Posts: 444
Hi girls, Really need your help. My bridesmaids picked the colour American Beauty in the Dessy range, which I inititally thought was a lovely striking colour but when I showed it to my H2B he really thought I was joking. Now, I don't know what to do O:| Has anyone ever seen this colour in a wedding or have any photos of the bridal party wearing it? I think it's a lovely colour but now with the doubts he's put in my head I am thinking that maybe it would be too pink or too striking when I'm having 3 Bms :duh: I am just sooo unsure :weep Can anyone help??
mrsoriordan Posts: 846
I love it. I'd say ignore him
[quote="mrsoriordan2be":1xkxb1w1]I'd say ignore him[/quote:1xkxb1w1] Hehe, that's what my sisters said too. Like, I mean, it's not like his big day :o0 :yelrotflmaosmilie: Mrsoriordan2be, have you seen any pics of a bridal party with this colour ?Am finding it really hard to find one. my head is melted with the whole thing :action34 :action34
i don't think I have. but I think it would be gorgeous. what's your color theme in general?
Mmm, am a bit clueless with the whole colour thing to be honest :-8 Initially, I wanted teal dresses so had flowers picked and thought that was good enough. Now with the pink I am thrown. My dress is ivory so another worry is that this colour will be too bright with it? Apart from flowers is there anything else I should include in my colour theme or am I missing something?? :-8
you can make it work if you like the dresses. for colour theme i'm putting slight little hints of it with my invitations, cakes and centrepices etc little touches will work.
probably a bit much altogether but here's some stuff with that color [img:k234ye3m]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JzBPWwKgca4/SQHuTctwXvI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/xUuW0RDV3ac/s400/redorangepinkmood.jpg[/img:k234ye3m] [img:k234ye3m]http://alannahrose.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/raspberryspider.jpg[/img:k234ye3m]
Aha, I get you now. Ya will probably add the colour onto a few bits too - hopefully invites and cake also. Thanks for the pic, you're a star! It might give me some inspiration :thnk Jeez, who'd have thought all this stress would be caused by a COLOUR!! :innocent:
ohsotired Posts: 7071
My FGs are wearing American Beauty - the sample in the shop was in this colour and it is fab!! It's a hot/cerise pink colour!! It suits my 2 FGs perfectly. BMs are wearing a vibrant royal blue and both work really well together!
14082010 Posts: 2103
wow, thats a fab colour! Ignore H2B and go for it :o0