diamond earring question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yankiecandle Posts: 2888
i would like some princess cut diamond solitaire earrings for our wedding. what is the appropriate size of diamond earrings? 1 carrot total, .5 in each ear? i know it depends on the person. wondering what the average size is? my e ring is 1.25 carrots should earrings be a similar size?
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
You're probably going to have to go and try some on - i would let your dress and how they sit on your ears dictate the size more than matching your ring. Also as well as the carat size, the colour and clarity of the diamonds you pick is as important. No point getting a larger carat size if the colour and clarity are poor. Happy shopping :wv
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
agree, my ring is v high spec so wouldnt want my earrings to show it up! dont want them to be too big or small. just wondering whats the average. thinking v good cut, E VS1 .75 carrot so a little under half carrot in each ear? PS. seen your wedding pics in magazine, last week looked great!
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
Set aside a nice saturday afternoon for yourself and go try a few pairs, it will be hard to tell size wise until you've see them on. I'm not sure there is an average when it comes to diamond, the bigger the better is my rule :o0 Very observant on the magazine front!!! They picked a few photos I wouldn't have chosen myself buts its a nice keepsake.