Diary of a Groom - TV3 ??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsRugby Posts: 1532
Anyone see this last nite ? thought the Irish fella was a right plonker!! then they showed right after it a program about weddings and how the best day of your life turned into the worst ..... a right shower of knackers on it :o0
Delish Posts: 4176
SAW bits of it, the Irish guy was a typical Irish lad, the love the lads came before the love of his wife!! But the american dude - oh my god, what a tool, if he wasn't crying, he was nearly wetting himself with the excitement of being in the old country!! It was cringeworthy watching him. How do people like him find someone to marry them????? The Indian guy kept saying he was just happy when other people were happy, and his wife never looked up at the crowd or camera at all. Arranged marriages are funny affairs all the same.
MrsRugby Posts: 1532
Yeah the Indian guy was strange and the poor wife looked terrified image marrying someone you never met before and then going to live with all his family - o sweet jesus image the wedding night :eek :eek The Amercian guy made me laugh, he was was soooo emotional, was she american aswell ?? all the oirish stuff made me cringe .... The irish lad came across as a right eejit tho :o0
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
this is the thing they were on here looking for people to do i think i asked them was there any money involved.. and they said i wouldnt be paid so for nothing.. your putting how you are portrayed on a national television station in the hands of tv editors who need to make their program as entertaining as possible - and in todays TV terms - this means make you look as bad as they can
marianf Posts: 5845
I dont think TV3 were responsible for him not even momentarily squeezing his b2b's hand when she reached the top of the aisle. Or worse still that they didnt even look at each other during their vows!!! I wish you had been on it AnthonyHutton and given us all a laugh with you crying and your b2b smiling brightly. I am intrigued by your chose of username, unless of course it is your name...?!?
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
i always pick z list celebs as names since the time jade goody was in the celeb big brother house slagging off the indian girl and i registered on her forum as Paul Danan, and told everyone to leave her alone it went on for ages and i was telling people about my auditions for Cats at the astoria... and a girl was pming me.. she was a nurse.. and i told her i thought the nurses got a raw deal.. and told her to head to the Ivy restaurant in london and theyre would be a table for 4 booked for her under my name on my tab for her and her nurse mates!! thing is.. about a week later paul danans wikipedia page briefly had that Paul is currently auditioning for Skimbleshanks in cats and it wasnt me!
marianf Posts: 5845
Oh the power at your finger tips O-O I hope your b2b knows who you really are :o0
magoo2 Posts: 226
[quote="Delish":34yo4q1m]SAW bits of it, the Irish guy was a typical Irish lad, the love the lads came before the love of his wife!! [b:34yo4q1m]But the american dude - oh my god, what a tool, if he wasn't crying, he was nearly wetting himself with the excitement of being in the old country!! It was cringeworthy watching him. How do people like him find someone to marry them?????[/b:34yo4q1m] The Indian guy kept saying he was just happy when other people were happy, and his wife never looked up at the crowd or camera at all. Arranged marriages are funny affairs all the same.[/quote:34yo4q1m] You took the words from my mouth Delish - I was CRINGING watching him.. such an eejit.. and the father/son speech :o I felt so sorry for that Indian girl - there was 1 close up of her and she kept swallowing like she was trying to hold back tears :O
she Posts: 3298
The Irish Guy........I actually fealt a bit sorry for this fella as everything he said to the camera came accross as the wrong thing, it made him sound like an ejit!!!!! The Indian Guy.........oh jesus God help him working in the Centra shop, he was getting an awful life from those "skangers".......on the arranged marraige, the wife looked terrified!!!!!!!!He said that love marraiges in India end in a high divorce rate but the arranged ones only have a small rate of divorce......Having known someone who was in an arranged marraige, the reason why the divorce rate is low is because you will be shunned from your family as they consider it shameful..... :eek The American Guy.......I actually liked him, his wife didnt say anything but? Ok so he was over the top and jesus if I was marrying him, I'd have thrown him of "his castle" by the end of the reception but they obviously loved each other and I have to say I did shed a tear when he was talking about his sick friend :o( All in all i enjoyed it :wv
Love Street Posts: 359
am i the only one who thought the yank was great!? ya i know-a bit too much in touch with his feminine side but hey! :o0 i thought it was very emberessing(sp) to watch the irish couple-ud swear they were the indian couple that had just met :ooh there was no intimacy, no special glances-did they even look at each other during the service :-8 ???