Did any of you have a cold/flu before BFP?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bourneidentity Posts: 265
Hi there, Did any of you have cold/flu symptoms before you got your BFP. Mine developed on Wednesday out of nowhere, nobody in the office is sick or at home. I'm probably clutching at straws but just thought you ladies would have an idea.
BusyMom Posts: 717
On both pregnancies, I thought I was developing tonsillitis...felt that achy/cold feeling and had a sore throat. First time (bit of a surprise!) I was taking disprin to try to avoid taking antibiotics (I used to get tonsillitis quite alot) This time around, I felt the same and that was actually what prompted me to take a test! Might just be me but I'm rarely sick (haven't infact had tonsillitis since before my first pregnancy) so it definitely grabbed my attention!
Thanks for replying May19Mom, like you I'm rarely sick. Maybe once every 2 years I might get a cold but usually clears itself up with hot drinks and paracetamol. I think I've been on antibiotics 5 times in my whole life. Probably just a coincidence but I've heard your immune systems weakens to allow for implantation to take place. My cold started at 7dpo so that would possibly coincide with implantation. As I said, probably clutching at straws but there's a little bit of hope there.
BusyMom Posts: 717
Clutch away, 2WW is a scary time!! Best of luck to you & let me know once you can test if our theory checks out!! :) :babydust:
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i got an eye infection 2 days before bfp! never had one before in my life! in fact hubby said 'why do you have eye infection?'. i said ' well it must be a low immune sywtem cause im pregnant!!' didnt test till the next day, after going to dr for antibiotic for eye and then while getting prescription, i decided to get preg test. didnt even dawn on me to tell the dr!!LOL!! :babydust: :babydust:
Emme Posts: 4735
Yep and I still have a lot more nasal mucus (snot) than usual and every morning I wake up with a scratchy throat and it was one of the first things I noticed when I was pimping all three times I got a BFP. So it's a good sign! Also I got a spot under my eye where I never got one before.
Thanks for the responses ladies. I have nothing but AF cramps now and slightly tender boobs but that's it, apart from this cold which is slowly going away. I reckon I'm out again for another month because I have no symptoms apart from my usual AF ones.
YummyMummy2b Posts: 108
Fingers crossed for you Borneidentity 2 of my friends had flus before their bfps and had mistaken the pregnancy symptoms completely! I have just posted on the ttc forum re my own little worry. I'm on a work from home day today and I am absolutely freezing cold-cannot warm up at all heatings been on since 9 am have big jumper and duvet on and I am still perished:( Surely for me this cant be good as your body temp remains high to support implantation?
CocoBeans Posts: 841
I didn't have flu symptoms but I could have sworn AF was on the way..... For me, implantation was exactly like pre-period bloating and cramps. Good Luck Bourne - finger's crossed for you.
Luka Posts: 1904
Me too, I had a temperature (100) started about 4 DPO. By the sat (6dpo & about CD 19/20) felt awful, we were going out for dinner as it was our wedding anniversary, I felt awful, & couldn't cover my red cheeks! Got my BFP on cd 26 with FR. My DS is 7 months now ;o) :babydust: