Did anyone go into labour after sweep???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bjune2012 Posts: 57
Hi ladies, I'm 39 wks and had my hospital apt yesterday, were the doctor offered to do a sweep, I agreed (not enjoying last couple wks of pregnancy). Have to say I didn't find it painful or even that uncomfortable, dr. said my cervix was soft and open she could fit 2fingers (not too sure what this means) but said it was all favourable. So I left thinking I'd go into labour any minute, 24hr later and except for some bleeding this morning (which may or may not have been my show or just irritation from the sweep) I don't even have a twinge :innocent: I'm just wondering has anyone gone into labour after a sweep and if so how long did it take?? I'm impatient to meet my little bubba....
MrsAC Posts: 1190
Hey I was like you cervix was very soft and doctor could get 2 fingers in also i had 3 sweeps but unfortunatley my LO was way to lazy and had to be evicted out, my consultant was amazed i didnt go myself. Get on the ball if you have one and go for walks , please god you go yourself Goodluck
Bluebear Posts: 1594
I had a sweep at 39 weeks. My cervix was 'favourable' and I was already 3cm dilated. I felt a bit crampy for the rest of the day and woke with contractions the following morning. DD arrived 15 hours later :lvs Get on that gym ball & start rocking!
Downton Posts: 314
I had a sweep at 39 weeks never felt a thing doc said cervix was favourable this was a Friday morning - she said to dh not to go far for the weekend, left the hospital had spotting for the next 24 hrs felt a little crampy but no pains, waters broke on the Sunday morning still never felt anything till they put me on the drip had the baba a few hours ltr!
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Yeah had one and it all kicked off next day! 4 days of pain later he was born
zig and zag Posts: 298
I had a slight bleed in the morning when I was 40wks+2days and went got checked and had a sweep (didn't know I got one at that time but it did feel uncomfortable - like she fisted me!) was kept in for 24hours observation and by 8pm that night I had funny twinges coming and going like period cramps. 5.30am brought to delivery suite and my baby boy arrived a few hours later :lvs Good luck :stork:
tweej Posts: 29
Hi, I had a sweep at 10.00am on a Monday morning and it was rough. Could see that it worked as mucous plug literally came away during sweep. Contractions started in car park after sweep. Baba arrived on the Tuesday morning. Best of luck x
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I had a sweep on dd1 but I was only 37 weeks. It hurt a good bit probably brcause i wasnt favourable. It didn't work I got plenty pains but no dilation so ended up induced next morning and had her that evening
Mrs W Posts: 2923
I had 2 sweeps, walked the legs off myself, bounced on the ball for 4 hours a day etc, had 2 rounds of gel, my waters broken and still nothing happened til they put me on the drip. It may be uncomfortable now but it's only a few weeks and it'll be all worth it in the end. If its going to happen naturally then it will, I don't think any of the above would have helped this little one along, she just wasn't ready!
wowza Posts: 556
I had one. I found it quite sore, and I bled all that evening, like a period, and then a show. I had mild cramps that evening and all the next day. (Very very mild - only really noticed cos I was watching out for them!) Full blown labour the next evening (Over 24 hours, about 28/30 hours later).