Did anyone here use a Sperm Donor?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Muse Posts: 1580
Hi girls, Just posted this in TTC but then realised I might get an answer quicker here. It is likely that we will have to go down this route as DH has little to no sperm. We know nothing about it at all! I would love to hear any experiences from fellow-Wollies. Something i read on some UK/USA site says that you dont even see photos of the donors, that you just choose by hair & eye colour, height, IQ etc. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that I'd love to choose a Donor close to my DH's actual appearance, if at all possible. Maybe this all sounds silly, it's just that I always presumed that you actually looked at photos. Can anyone who has gone through it shed any light on it all? We are about to start ICSI in Sims. Thanks in advance.
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
a friend of a friend did this and they were able to specify characterisitics like colouring etc. This a really specific question so I hope you get some better answers than my own. I can understand why you would want to see pictures. Best of luck with it all xx
mrs gerard Posts: 1669
i have no experience but just wanted to say the best of luck with it all :lvs
RachelGreene Posts: 314
I've seen a very large thread over on rollercoaster.ie on this. There seems to be a lot of people talking about it and how you go about it in Ireland. It's under discussion and then in Trying to Concieve as far as I can remember. Hope that helps and best of luck :lvs
Muse Posts: 1580
thanks a million rachel :thnk