Menu

Did Ireland forget to Haggle!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
Just read a post in another forum and I just realised that nobody haggles anymore. in most cases, my packages are down to the lowest I can go but i'll always gove a few quid because it's kind of cheeky!! There really are some great savings to be made out there so dont be afraid to ask, you never know. I know that when I have a car serviced, or buy something i'll always try and get something for nothing. its good fun aswell!! Ruairi Finnegan www.irishweddingdj.com
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
Ruairi - Thanks for the posting this ! I have yet to meet with the hotel, but I fully intend on haggling. But what if you have already booked suppliers like videographer, band, photographer etc - where you have already paid a deposit (in my case deposits were paid last year) do you really have much of a chance in haggling with these suppliers when you booked at a certain price ? O-O
Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
Ah no thats's a different one, if you buy a bunch of banana's from Moore Street for €2, you couldn't go back and get them for say €1.50. Point of Sale. Truth is, if I said yes - I would have all my bookings for 2009 on the phone in the morning. :-8 I haven't raised my rates since 2006 and prices are competitive enought, but i'll always consider an haggling plea, it's a bit of fun! Ruairi Finnegan www.irishweddingdj.com