Did not get invite to wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GAA Fan Posts: 629
Background to story. I've worked in the same company as the groom for the last 15 years. Unfortunately in the last couple of months it closed down. The groom got engaged last year and anytime we've talked about the wedding he has always said that I would be invited to the full wedding. Well the invites went out and I was the only one that did not get invite to full wedding. The other 4 (one the boss) got full invites. This has really upset me. I have only met the bride to be a couple of times but obvious she had the final decision and for some reason did not invite me.
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Is there any chance your invite got lost or something......maybe you should say something. It sounds a bit strange that everyone else got an invite and you didn't get yours - especially when he told you that you would be invited!
No the invitation did not get lost because I got invitation to "afters" on Friday. Was talking to one of the lads today and he was also very surprised I did not get invite. It has really got under my skin not to get invited.
happieout Posts: 3111
If you're very friendly with the groom and he told you a few times you were invited then maybe it went to the wrong address. Did they ask for your address? I don't know how you'd go about asking though but a friend of mine did that for my hen. She knew she should be on the list but didn't get the text that went round. Delighted she said it
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
[quote="GAA Fan":3f32df28]No the invitation did not get lost because I got invitation to "afters" on Friday. Was talking to one of the lads today and he was also very surprised I did not get invite. It has really got under my skin not to get invited.[/quote:3f32df28] Oh - well that toitally changes things so. It would bug me too but maybe they were tight on numbers and had to make cuts. C'est la vie I suppose.
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
I would find it a bit odd, but it might be down to numbers. Have you been in contact with him since?
happieout Posts: 3111
I see. He probably said it before the final list was made. Impossible to ask everybody.
WorldsGreatestMum Posts: 249
Were the others invited men so if someone had to be cut the bride mgiht have suggested that the woman be cut so the lads could sit together?
[quote="WorldsGreatestMum":36tq8bhu]Were the others invited men so if someone had to be cut the bride mgiht have suggested that the woman be cut so the lads could sit together?[/quote:36tq8bhu] ye but 4 men and their wives would be a table of 8 and if I had been invited it would then have been a complete table of 10. Another on of the lads from work got married since we stopped working and we were all at table together five of us plus partners. I can understand numbers being tight and he had to drop some people it just a pity it was me.
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
You were invited!!! It really annoys me, when people say they weren't invited because they were "only" invited to the evening reception O:| O:| O:|