Did sex of baby match you hunch or old wives tales?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babe06 Posts: 898
bit of Friday fun and something I've been wondering about. I'm convinved it a boy but all the old wives tales are pointing to a girl. So to you mammys did the old wives tales such as - wway your carrying - growth of hair - cravings - skin condition - chinese calender - etc match the sex of you baby in the end? And were your hunches right or did you get a big shock?
summer daisy Posts: 1336
I got a huge shock.. :eek I was totally convinced it was a boy because I was huge, had severe heartburn, the chinese calander said it would be a boy, I was overdue (often the case with boys - well at least so I have been told!) and I just thought it was a boy.. My DH was convinced it was a boy too.. We even had a name (Daniel) picked out. Even at my 32 week scan the sonographer said that she knew the sex and did we want to find out.. we said no but later on she said 'he is perfect' then corrected herself immediately to 'the baby is perfect'.. When she was finally born and they said it's a girl both myself and DH said simultanously.. 'no way'.. then I checked to be sure. Was thrilled and as she sleeps here beside me I still remain in shock that we created something so very beautiful!! :lvs
Port Princess Posts: 1154
I carried all around on my first and all to the front on my 2nd and had two boys. The chinese calender was right on both of them. I craved ice on both of them aswell!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="summer daisy":1ybpdjgf]I got a huge shock.. :eek I was totally convinced it was a boy because I was huge, had severe heartburn, the chinese calander said it would be a boy, I was overdue (often the case with boys - well at least so I have been told!) and I just thought it was a boy.. My DH was convinced it was a boy too.. We even had a name (Daniel) picked out. Even at my 32 week scan the sonographer said that she knew the sex and [b:1ybpdjgf]did we want to find out.. we said no but later on she said 'he is perfect' then corrected herself immediately to 'the baby is perfect'.. [/b:1ybpdjgf] When she was finally born and they said it's a girl both myself and DH said simultanously.. 'no way'.. then I checked to be sure. Was thrilled and as she sleeps here beside me I still remain in shock that we created something so very beautiful!! :lvs[/quote:1ybpdjgf] Have to say that would really annoy me if the sonographer let it slip and then it was wrong,happenend with a friend and it was right "he is a big baby"kind of spoils it IMO
summer daisy Posts: 1336
Dolly, To be honest, the sonographer was a bit away with the fairies so I took it with a grain of salt.. she seemed to be a sandwich short of a picnic anyway!! :o0
Sphynx Posts: 6795
[quote="summer daisy":2w1jrb3d]Dolly, To be honest, the sonographer was a bit away with the fairies so I took it with a grain of salt.. she seemed to be a sandwich short of a picnic anyway!! :o0[/quote:2w1jrb3d] Summer daisy that's hilarious! :o0 Do the rest of you all have a strong hunch either way? At the start, I was fully convinced this was a boy and now I have absolutely no inkling either way. What about the rest of you? It's interesting to hear that the Chinese calendar can be wrong - they all say a boy for me.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Sphynx":3vudoki8][quote="summer daisy":3vudoki8]Dolly, To be honest, the sonographer was a bit away with the fairies so I took it with a grain of salt.. she seemed to be a sandwich short of a picnic anyway!! :o0[/quote:3vudoki8] Summer daisy that's hilarious! :o0 Do the rest of you all have a strong hunch either way? At the start, I was fully convinced this was a boy and now I have absolutely no inkling either way. What about the rest of you? It's interesting to hear that the Chinese calendar can be wrong - they all say a boy for me.[/quote:3vudoki8] I can see us with a girl more so for some reason,I think its because its only been me and my sister barely any boy cousins etc...its weird! Chinese calendar said a Girl for us too
Esketti Posts: 936
Hi girls, Well as you may know from a previous post, that we found out on Tuesday that we're expecting a boy! But the chinese calander did say a girl! TBH I had an inkling from the start that it was a boy, I dont know why, I just would have been shocked to bits on Tuesday if she had of said it was a girl, cos I just knew it was a little boy! What do they say about skin condition for boys/girls! I have been breaking out in lovely big spots on my face and I do notice that my skin is dry on my arms I have to moistoirise twice a day now! Is that in line with it being a boy?
jen2 Posts: 3106
Chinese calander was right about both my children. I thought on my first pregnancy it was a girl, and it was. I had a feeling on the second pregnancy it was a boy and it was. I have a feeling this pregnancy it is a boy, but when I dream about the baby, it is always a girl. So this time I dont have a clue. Jen2
babe06 Posts: 898
Supposely bad skin means a girl. I must say when I dream about the baby its alwaya a girl alright.... Just keep calling it boy but the Gp yesterrday said everyone says he!