Did you attend a Mixed School or all girls..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

highflyer Posts: 198
Just curious really. I attended an all girls primary with the exception of junior and senior infants and also an all girls secondary. A lot of my cousins who lived in more rural areas/smaller towns went to mixed schools as that was the only option but thought it strange attending an all girls school. In my town there was three secondary schools, all boys, all girl s and a mixed vocational school. Still the same but the primary schools have merged and is now mixed since a few years ago.Just wondering what did most wollies go to. ?
mrsodo Posts: 1292
I went to all girls primary and secondary. Actually we could be from the same town the way you described your town! Our seconday schools are all merging this year as well.
miss shimmer Posts: 453
I went to an all girls primary school, apart from junior and senior infants and first class these classes were mixed. I went to a mixed secondary school.
MissBid Posts: 587
Highflyer - I think you and I are from the same town.... Or else the educational system is just coincidentally similar...
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
Mixed school for both primary and secondary.
candypants Posts: 8575
Girls all the way up to secondary, and then mixed. I hated the mix to be honest, all the girls, including me, where to busy trying to impress the lads and not paying much attention to actual work!!
highflyer Posts: 198
Possibly Miss Bidd, It's in the wesssssssstttttt... Don't think there is any plans Mrs ODo 2b for the merging of the secondary schools in my town yet....even though they could be merged very easily as there only a stones throw away from each other with a field separating them!
HippyChic Posts: 1812
[quote="highflyer":292hmvil]Just curious really. I attended an all girls primary with the exception of junior and senior infants and also an all girls secondary. A lot of my cousins who lived in more rural areas/smaller towns went to mixed schools as that was the only option but thought it strange attending an all girls school. In my town there was three secondary schools, all boys, all girl s and a mixed vocational school. Still the same but the primary schools have merged and is now mixed since a few years ago.Just wondering what did most wollies go to. ?[/quote:292hmvil] Exact same as yourself only the schools haven't merged at all. Until I saw that bit I was full sure you'd gone to the same schools as me :o0
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
I went to mixed primary and secondary and I am happy i did. I found it made me more relaxed around guys. A friend of mine went to an all girls primary and then when she came into secondary she had no idea how to act around the guys :o0 :o0
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="HippyChic":b9tww548][quote="highflyer":b9tww548]Just curious really. I attended an all girls primary with the exception of junior and senior infants and also an all girls secondary. A lot of my cousins who lived in more rural areas/smaller towns went to mixed schools as that was the only option but thought it strange attending an all girls school. In my town there was three secondary schools, all boys, all girl s and a mixed vocational school. Still the same but the primary schools have merged and is now mixed since a few years ago.Just wondering what did most wollies go to. ?[/quote:b9tww548] Exact same as yourself only the schools haven't merged at all. Until I saw that bit I was full sure you'd gone to the same schools as me :o0[/quote:b9tww548] same here!! was mixed and then in second class it split into girls and boys.. it has since merged went to an all girls secondary school.. in my town, there are 2 secondary schools all girls, 2 all boys and 1 mixed vocational school