Did you buy your H2B an engagement gift?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

PartyLady Posts: 111
Hi, Did you buy your H2B an engagement gift? And if you did, what did you get him? PL. :wv
shattered Posts: 322
Yes, got him a good watch - though admittedly it was over a year after we got engaged (we'd been looking for the right one for a while), and it was only half of what he spent on my ring.
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
No I didnt,never heard of giving your h2b a pressie
Cowpat Posts: 264
I didn't. Never heard of buying H2B an engagement present either.
PinkRibbons Posts: 1446
yup, bought him a fancy watch... but again only about 30% of cost of my ring so a small gesture O-O that said, I probably will only get him a teensy wedding day gift O-O
MISSUS2BE Posts: 225
I GOT MY HUBBIE A PEDIGREE EWE AT AN AUCTION IN A PUB, IT WAS A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME, DIFFERENT STORY GOING TO THE PASS MACHINE THE FOLLOWING DAY TO PAY FOR IT :o0 :o0 (HUBBIE IS A FARMER)
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Oh God I sure did, it was the very first thing I did as an engaged woman!!! I got him a lovely watch.... nothing overly expensive (unlike my ring!!!) just something he liked under e200..... I think the boys deserve a pressie :thnk
angelique Posts: 99
not quite engaged yet, but we're buying the ring together and paying for everything else together so no, no gift for him.
DaisyB Posts: 1708
i bought him a new phone he badly needed one and it was our 5 yr anniversary 2 weeks after we got engaged so just bought it for both of them really...
mrsm2010 Posts: 464
I did - I got him a Wii console and all the bits to go with it. He spent a huge amount of money on my ring and I thought he deserved it!