Did you get your engagement ring made ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BlossomHill Posts: 2169
Just wondering if any of you got your engagement ring made for you. Where did you get it made & what were your reasons ??
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hi, yeah I got mine made in Gardiners in belfast. Or should say h2b did. He had an idea of what I wanted (a ring with a twist in it) but couldn't find it anywhere, so had to get it made :-8 That was the only reason :wv
Piggle Posts: 1770
My H2B got his mams engagement ring and took the stone from that and designed the band that I wanted, He did it all in secret with the Jeweller, and I have to say it makes it so so special!! It cost more than a ring you could buy in a shop that looks the same though, but the stone is 1carat! He got it made from a jeweler in ballsbridge!
queen30 Posts: 1551
OH was going to get my ring made by jewellers that have made stuff for his parents, he was going to design it himself but he was worried about making the decision on his own so he chose the diamond and proposed with that then we went and designed the ring together in the jewellers and had the stone set. LOVE it! :heartbeat:
Voltaire Diamonds Posts: 517
Hi Blossomhill, Voltaire Diamonds would be delighted to discuss any designs you have in mind. We have over 300 styles to show you if you are free to meet. Kind regards Seamus
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
I got my engagement ring made by Seamus actually! Love it! :thnk When we were shopping around for different rings I found that you didn't seem to get much for your buck. Any rings I tried on there was always something minor I wanted to change on it. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, so it made more sense to get one made to the specifications that I wanted. In all fairness, if you're going to be looking at it for the rest of your life then you'd want it to be exactly the way you like it imo. :-8
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I saw mine on another jeweller's website (Boodles - €10k!!) and had it made by Caratz in Wicklow Street for a lot less!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
we got mine in Antwerp. Picked the stone first and then the setting and got it made up. Love it!! :lvs :lvs
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
[quote="ReginaFalange":2sz7x07k]we got mine in Antwerp. Picked the stone first and then the setting and got it made up. Love it!! :lvs :lvs[/quote:2sz7x07k] Plus one! Picked the stone and then it was made up EXACTLY how I wanted it. Mine was also similar to a boodles design- which was a crazy price- got mine for much much less.
Cassiopeia Posts: 222
I designed my ring myself and got it made by a guy in the midlands. Ring was valued afterwards for almost twice what we paid for it. Pm me if u want details.