Did you have to take your rings off?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lady Di Posts: 2487
Hi guys just wondering as I'm noticing that my rings are becoming a little difficult to get off!! I only wear my wedding band and engagement ring, is it safe to leave rings on when you cant get them off? :-8 That might sound like a silly question!!
Ferdi Posts: 704
Hi Lady Di, have only had the odd day where my rings have been tight on my fingers and then have taken them off, but 99% of the time I've had no problems.
deem Posts: 710
i've found at this stage that they are tight, I've taken them off permanently at moment as gyne said that if fingers swell up & dont go down would have to cut them off.. To me not worth the risk
Lady Di Posts: 2487
See I'm thinking if they swell up when you're pregnant then they'll go back down after the babys born so does it matter that they're stuck on your finger in the mean time IYKWIM??
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I only have my wedding ring and engagment ring tto but I'll be taking them off. I've already started taking them off when I get into teh house. I find I've started to get a bit of exema (sp) under the rings. It feels strange being out and about without even my wedding ring so I might buy a cheapo band in a bigger size.
deem Posts: 710
[quote="Lady Di":1fdftjyq]See I'm thinking if they swell up when you're pregnant then they'll go back down after the babys born so does it matter that they're stuck on your finger in the mean time IYKWIM??[/quote:1fdftjyq] I think it would depend on how much you fingers eventually swell before they go down again, The rings won't stretch iykwim, it would be a shame to have to get them cut off if they get too tight. I suppose if they got very tight you could cut off the blood supply to your fingers, and then you wouldn't have to worry about loosing your rings as you could loose the fingers too. I just dont think its worth it. Perhaps I'm imagining way too much, but I suppose we all have our fears.
Chicken Licken Posts: 873
I'm now at the stage where my engagement ring will not go on if there is the slightest bit of oedema but my wedding band just fits. Getting it off is a little sore so I think in a week or so I will be leaving them off altogether. My doctor said to take them off as he has had several patients who have had to get their rings cut off. Don't leave them on all the time as your fingers swell up when you sleep and this is when the problems might happen with circulation in your fingers. As Rocket Queen said I am going to get a cheaper band that I can wear in the meantime. Feel naked without any ring on my hand!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I can't wear my wedding band anymore it wont go over my knuckle,my engagement ring is still fine must be that bit bigger,thank god though I feel naked without both
[email protected] Posts: 492
I put my wedding ring on a chain for the last 2 weeks, really missed my engagement ring though!!!!
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
I'd take them off my sister had to get her eternity, engagement and wedding band cut off. :ooh