Did you stop driving late in pregnancy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mamaboom Posts: 2094
DH has just told me that I'm not allowed to drive anywhere once I'm 7 months................. he wants me to be on house arrest!!
dita Posts: 960
tell you hubbie to stop being so ridiculous You can drive right up until you give birth ..my mate even drove to the hospital while she was in labour.. I'm 4 weeks away from giving birth and driving is still as comfortable now as when I wasn't pregnant.... God Men are gas some time they haven't a clue
Idina Posts: 1289
WHAT! Tell him not to be so ridiculous! I drove right up until the day I went in
Thanks girls, I'll print this out and stuff it into his spuds later so he can eat his words. God love him, he means well but I'd end up in a mental asylum if I spent over two months at home. Now that'd be a story for the babs.
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
Whats he on about!!!there's no rules on driving so as long as ur comfy and safe work ahead!! But I have to say I have had to give up...other than for short trips just not comfy and find it hard to lean forward to see out...Im a shortarse anyway so a big bumb just makes it impossible :o(
[quote="bunnyhop1":3vrvepe1]Im a shortarse anyway so a big bumb just makes it impossible :o([/quote:3vrvepe1] I'm a shortarse too, will get some sort of extension contraption for my legs!!
Idina Posts: 1289
I'm 5 ft and had a baby over 10 lbs (huge bump) didn't stop me :o0
[quote="Idina":30meotlj]I'm 5 ft and had a baby over 10 lbs (huge bump) didn't stop me :o0[/quote:30meotlj] Oh jaysus, that sounds sore!
swissgirl Posts: 2301
While I htink 7 months is too early I do think you should stop about 8 or about 36-37 weeks to be exact. I had a car crash at 37 weeks iwth my LO. I lost concentration thanks be to God I didnt hurt anyone or myself or my baby, the car was not so lucky. And a really good friend of mine nearly crashed her car as she all of sudden threw up. Even though the doctor swore blind to her that driving was safe and that would never happpen (she suffered from 9 months of constant sickness). So while I wouldnt believe in house arrest from 7 months, from 36 weeks (please God Ill get there) Ill stop driving no matter how well Im feeling.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I was lucky, on first pregnancy, DH and I went to work together so I didn't have to drive. On my last pregnancy, I had to drive (or get the stupid country bus) and I found it really difficult towards the end. The bump was in my way, I found it difficult to turn the wheel at times and I had to reverse into my parking space at work which it was a nightmare. I will definitely give up driving around 7mths mark this time.