Did your parents......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

passionfruit Posts: 31
expect an invitation??? Mine were quite annoyed that they didn't get one when all the other invitations were sent out Is it not just assumed that they're automatically invited?
MammyC Posts: 3621
yeah my parents did too so we sent them one and then they said there was no need... O:|
NowGone Posts: 8042
It's always nice to get an invitation though....
bumble Posts: 1980
We sent out the sample invitation to them so that they could see it ahead of everyone else receiving theirs. I think they just want to be included and kept "in the loop".
ms crooner Posts: 621
I will be sending invites to both sets of parents to avoid any comments later. Anything for a quiet life, if they say there was no need to send one well so what, it would be worst to listen to them nagging on about not getting one
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I think it's nice for them to get one, maybe they want it as a keepsake.
sue27 Posts: 604
I said it to MIL and she said it'd just be nice to have one as a memento. I didn't post it to them though. I don't think I sent one to my own parents (gosh, I can't believe I can't remember, it's not been THAT long! :eek )
beatingmyselfintoadress Posts: 2387
We just sent them one to keep them happy and they were thrilled! :o)ll
darkie27 Posts: 1449
Not at all well our invitataions said mr and mrs x would like you to join them in celebrating the marraige of their daughter darkie 27 to x so it would be weird if they invited themselves to the wedding :o0
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="Ms Crooner":2lh57676]I will be sending invites to both sets of parents to avoid any comments later. Anything for a quiet life, if they say there was no need to send one well so what, it would be worst to listen to them nagging on about not getting one[/quote:2lh57676] My thinking too. :o0 :o0