Did your shoe size change?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

red_rubies Posts: 2424
Ok - I know this sounds silly but I was talking to someone today who told me their shoe size had gone up one size after they had their baby :eek Is this common?? I'm a size 6 & I'd rather not go up any further!!
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I'm a 5 normally but can only wear 7s at the min but I have a lot of swelling that I hope will go away once the baby is here and I fit back into my own shoes again.
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
im a 4 or 5 usually but i have been buying 3-4 recently. I wasnt expecting to go smaller!!
jess08 Posts: 481
i have always been a 7, but went to an 8 while i was preg and for about a year afterwards. I'm back to a 7 now.
Ellore Posts: 46
[color=indigo:1d1dlagd]I was a size 3 before I was pregnant and had to wear size 4 from about 5 months onwards. This was during the summer and if I was on my feet for more than a few minutes my feet would balloon and I had terrible cankles as well, even the size 4s were too tight then. For me it was partly from water retention, partly from weight gain, but I think your feet can also get bigger as the hormone that's in your system to relax the joints around your pelvis for the baby to get through can also loosen ligaments in your feet, causing your foot bones to spread out. I was disgusted thinking I was never going to be able to wear any of my favourite shoes again, but luckily my feet went back to normal about 2 or 3 weeks after I had my baby. For some women their feet can stay bigger permanently after having babies, though it might just be by half a size. It doesn't happen to everyone though so you might be lucky! [/color:1d1dlagd]
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Nooooooooooooooo.... pls don't say this. I'm an 8/8.5 at the moment and it's near impossible to get shoes as it is. If I go any bigger, I'll have a nightmare trying to get anything at all to fit. :o( :o(
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
Good Holy Jesus don't tell me my feet are going to get bigger!!!!!! On our Honeymoon in New York last September I went on a mad shoe shopping spree and bought a pair of manolos (for any of you who have seen sex and the city the movie, it's the blue ones carrie leaves in the apartment) and two pairs of jimmy choos, they are my prized possession, all my other shoes are €20 ones from Dunnes!!!! And if my feet grow I won't be able to wear them! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Yep I was a size 5 always and went up to a 6 - 6.5 and I never went back! I am like Imelda Marcus so this was a major tragedy for me but then I had an excuse to go out and buy new ones!!! Loz www.hipbaby.ie
Maybump Posts: 527
I'm not sure if it was just the swellen of my feet but only in the past week or 2 I've had problems fitting my shoes on so bought a new pair in bigger size and losse fitting. I hope I'll go back to normal size as I have 2 pairs of designers shoes that I'd like to wear again! [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:22ez0ocy]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;18;96/st/20090426/dt/5/k/cf9a/preg.png[/img:22ez0ocy] [/url]